“Fantastic Experience!!”
Review of Big Bear Ziplines

Big Bear Ziplines
More attraction details
Owner description: The #1 Place for Fun and Adventure in the Hudson Valley! Big Bear Ziplines is the First CLOSEST Canopy Zipline Tour to New York City. Come experience the beauty of Hudson Valley, New York on our 50 acres of woodlands and hay fields located right in historic Hyde Park. Enjoy a one-of-a-kind adventure as your soar through the air at speeds up to 30 mph and heights up to 80 feet.Follow your professionally trained Zip Pilots through our 8 Zipline course climbing Fire Truck Ladders, swooping down Tarzan Vines and looking out at breath-taking views of Upstate New York from some of our custom-built Flight Decks.Coming from New York City? No problem. Arrive by bus or rail and we'll pick you up from the Poughkeepsie train station...our courtesy to you!
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We just went ziplining at Big Bear yesterday and had a great time!! This was my first time ever zipping, and any fears I had were immediately put at ease. All members of the staff were upbeat and fun, and I felt very safe throughout the entire course -- I can't wait to go again! In other words, I would definitely recommend Big Bear to anyone interested in ziplining!!

1  Thank Stacia W
bigbearziplines, Front Office Manager at Big Bear Ziplines, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

"This was my first time ever zipping, and any fears I had were immediately put at ease. All members of the staff were upbeat and fun, and I felt very safe throughout the entire course -- I can't wait to go again"---We love to hear feedback like this! We take pride in all our staff members' great attitude, but attentiveness to everyone's safety! Can't wait to see you come back here in September to experience the beautiful changing leaves or in October for our zombie ziplining night tour!

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We can't say enough about the staff, especially our guides Sarah and Una. They made our family outing very fun, especially for my nephew who was given the trip for his birthday. Our guides kept us safe and made each run exciting. We would highly recommend this adventure and plan to return.

3  Thank Mia R
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We went on a beautiful fall day. Our guides, Gunther & Una, went to great lengths to satisfy all fears that anyone had about the safety of the system. The tour consisted of 8 ziplines. The first is short & easy. They get longer & higher as the tour progresses. It was great fun. Three hours seemed like 45 minutes-true sign of a great time.

2  Thank phred53
Reviewed 23 September 2013

OMG~ I am still on a high tonite from zip lining at Big Bear!! It was all I could talk about on the 2 1/2 hr drive home. My husband and I finally were able to make it up there today. I was so nervous because I have a fear of heights. I have to admit after the first zip, I was trying to find a way to back out! Uma (Tuna) and Myke (Skittles), our guides, were aware of my fear, probably from screaming at every zip, yet reassured me and took their time with me. I lost count after the 5th zip because we were having SO much fun! I would definitely recommend Big Bear Zipline to all. The Zombie Tour also sounds fun in October.

2  Thank Helen N
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have taken this tour before and this time I was with a group of 6 people who got a good "deal" on this tour on a local website. I was painfully aware of the weight restriction placed on the participants. I made it my goal to get under weight and killed myself to make it down to exact weight by the day of the tour. I was proud of myself and planned on celebrating this victory by taking this trip with friends and family!
We arrived on schedule and were all asked to weigh in on a scale that's dial was covered in colored paper. My dial was just touching the "red" section (my appearal added 1-2 lbs) and the women behind the counter looked down at it from where she was seated and plainly said, "no, Im sorry". That was it, no discussion, no exceptions, no explanations... I had to wait in the car almost three hours while the rest of the party took the tour. I was mortified. i found out later that she was the owners daughter and also that the tour guide said he was ready to make the exception. Big bear will never get another recommedation from me nor my friends and family.

7  Thank pateofern
bigbearziplines, Public Relations Manager at Big Bear Ziplines, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

We apologize for the disappointing experience you had on the day of your second tour with us. We thank you for returning to our operation, and for mentioning that our company policies were heavily emphasized during the reservation process. Our Management Team apologizes that our safety standards were a factor in your unfavorable experience. As for the employee in question, she was simply following company policies to ensure that all of our zipsters and our Zip Pilots are safe on our course. We wish you the best adventure possible in the future wherever you may choose to experience the thrill of ziplining!