“Excellent Steak Dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Transit: Dutchess
Description: Joseph's Steakhouse is minutes from Culinary, Marist and Vassar College. Located next to Val-Kill. Eleanor Roosevelt's National Site in Historic Hyde Park and minutes from FDR Library. Joseph's Italian Steakhouse was once part of Val-Kill and was called Val-Kill Station. Val-Kill Station from 1933 to 1949 servered as a Tea Room restaurant serving a Tea Luncheon to Royal families & travlers visting the Roosevelts. Besides our great steaks and seafood, Joseph Steakhouse still continues the tea luncheon tradition by reservation only in the tea room. Available daily for Groups of 25 or more. Private room for catering.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Steak Dinner”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stopped in to Joseph's on Saturday evening after a long day of touring the Roosevelt and Vanderbilt homes in Hyde Park. We arrived without reservations but the host graciously accommodated us despite the packed house. Our server, Mike, was friendly and helpful. We each started with a delicious corn chowder (just perfect on a cool autumn evening), house salad and prime rib (end cut) which was cooked to perfection. The only problem was that we were full after dinner and had no room for dessert (too bad).

We heartily recommend Joseph's. A perfect way to end a great road trip to Hyde Park.

3 Thank Maureen C
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank You for the nice review. We are so grateful so have nice guest as yourself and hope we have the pleasure of serving you again. Joseph

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Evening!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

From the time we walked in until we left it was a great evening. Everyone, the bartender, the owner, the waiters were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. The food was great -- wonderful escargots, steak, lobster, shrimp. The best meal we had on our trip to New York. We live in Washington, DC and frequent very highly rated restaurants. None could top Josephs!

3 Thank Larry S
Only one word to how I feel about your review. WOW
Joseph
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Best Steak Dinner”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Husband took me to dinner and food and service was excellent. I'm an extreamly picky eater but the steak and sauce was the best I've ever had. The steak justs melt in your mouth. Our waiter Mike was great, very attentive, made us feel very welcome. We have eaten here before and will again and will tell every one this is the very best steak house in the Hudson Valley.

2 Thank Marge1990
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your review. Joseph's has tried to bring to the Hudson Valley the type of Steakhouse you would find in Manhattan but at Hudson Valley prices. It is really a treat to us when our local customers enjoy our quality of steak. Next week we are celebrating our second anniversary with a commentary glass of champagne. Hope to see you soon Thank You Joseph
Yorktown Heights, New York
“wonderful surprise and we're picky!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Took our niece to early dinner on sunday. The food and the service were outstanding. Flank steak and shrimp scampi some of the best we've ever had and we were in the business. Joseph was a joy; our waiter, Mike, has a great sense of humor but is serious about food and wine. Very knowledgable. Terrific experience. We will be back.

2 Thank culinellie
Joseph's S, Manager at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
To our new Marist Friends. Michael & I enjoyed having you and your family for Sunday dinner. I always like to hear that our customers enjoy their meal along with the hospitality and a nice dinning experience. Looking forward to your return. Thank you Joseph
Poughkeepsie
“Fool me once”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The best thing I can say is I will never go back. Joe gave me the worst dining experience I have ever had at any restaurant at any time. The food sucked the service sucked and the management thinks -shame on me that I did not tell him that his food and my experience at Joseph's sucked. Perhaps if my expectations where not what he advertised I would not be so harsh. I am kind to everyone and if my kindness is seen as weakness and you are unkind to me, weakness will not be what you remember of me.
Louis M.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Louis M
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Most of our reviews refer to our food as SUCCULENT and not the misappropriate word you used.
From your previous review that was removed I did get your the following. Your wife wanted to go to a NYC steakhouse not Joseph's, you were in a hurry and had to wait a few minutes before being seated. I do think that you truly had a few issues beyond our control to make your evening enjoyable. But as far as your food if there was something that was not to your liking we would want to make it right before you leave. We cooked six or seven thousand steaks this year and I am sure a few did not go out perfect. But given the opportunity it would be perfect before the customer left my restaurant. Like I said to you before if we send out something not to your liking and did not correct it shame on us. If you did not tell your server or me and waited to get home to vent on your computer shame on you.