“Great food and service in a light airy fun setting.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bocuse Restaurant

Bocuse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bocuse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great food and service in a light airy fun setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visually, the room is a combination of light and airy, but with traditional accents. The table settings were modern, but expensive. I loved the press tin ceiling and the traditional garb of the waiters. The wine room was glass so you could see all the wine bottles and the kitchen was behind glass. It was fun to glance in and see what they were up to.

The wine selection was on an iPad which was more cumbersome than on paper, but fun, too, for someone like me who doesn't have an iPad. My friend had a mixed drink called a Hemingway Daquiri, aka Papas Dobles. It was delicious.

My appetizer, the crab cake on avacado took my breath away visually. I thought I was at the MoMA in NYC. It was also quite tasty and I took tiny little tastes of each little thought-out element to thoroughly enjoy the whole. I had tilefish for the main course, which was a visual delight loaded with flavor. It was full of surprises. As I scooped below the green sauce, a red sauce broke through to the surface. Tiny little vegetable hidden in the sauce gave surprise bursts of flavor as I bit into them. Yet my friend's steak on a mashed parsnips with mushrooms was even a better a choice.

For dessert, I had the cheese platter and my friend had vanilla bean pot de creme (with black halava and a spiced cake). Both were delicious and we split them between us. Some of the desserts smoked so it was entertaining when people at other tables ordered these.

Service was very attentive. I asked the waiters lots of questions which they patiently and thoroughly answered. A few answers didn't seem quite right. For example, the waiter said the black halava was dark chocolate. The menu said it was halava and it tasted like it, too.

I loved Bocuse and would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MisterTiffy

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My boyfriend and I visited on 6/22 at 8 pm. Fantastic and filling and just overly amazing and lush in every way. The waiter was exceptional and sweet and full of exuberance. The staff had an excellent knowledge of the food and wine choices and were all very pleasant. The tables were a little close together so it was a bit loud but overall a very wonderful experience. The rack of lamb was just perfect in every way and the lavender ice cream was luscious

Visited June 2014
Pennington, New Jersey
“Affordable 5 Star French cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

First you need to make advance reservations to be safe as this French restaurant at the Culinary Institue of America is always full of patrons. The restaurant is modern and stylish with a well dressed crowd and fully staffed by graduating students that will move out to the real world! I did a Prix fixe menu and had their famous Black Truffle Soup which was beef broth, vegetables, black truffles, topped with a puff pastry shell, followed by
Beef Strip Loin which was accompanied with pasta ribbons, beech mushroom, and a charred parsnip espuma. The dessert was a Exotic Nougat Glacé which consisted of honey roasted nuts, vanilla bean semifreddo, guava sorbet and meringue. This meal was had with a great testing Côtes du Rhône. The soup was amazing, the dinnner was excellent and the dessert served over a dry ice bowl was visually and very pleasing to the palate. I also was served a nice chocolate, nougat, sampler after the dessert and was in heaven after the meal. CIA Bocuse knocked it out of the park, with well trained attntive staff who very attentive but not in your face and very pleasant to speak with. If you are wanting to eat a high quality French meal, this is a place I highly recommend!!

Visited May 2014
STAMFORD
“Outstanding Food, Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This recently remodeled restaurant at the Culinary Institute of America serves as a training ground for students nearly graduation. During our group visit, we had an arugula salad, chicken breast in a demi-glaze sauce, and molten lava cake. The salad was nice, the chicken breast was moist and tender and the sauce was delicious, and the cake was slightly overcooked. Still, it was an outstanding meal served by students who were really trying hard to please a busload of people. Well worth the visit.

• Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a lovely lunch! We ordered the $35 prix fixe menu and it was a great value. I ordered the butter-poached lobster in sauce Americaine; at a $2 upcharge it was a bargain. Lobster is sometimes chewy, but this was silken and the sauce perfect. My husband loved his truffle soup, served in a crock topped with an amazing cap of puff pastry. My entree of guinea hen was absolutely delicious: tender bits of meat in a luscious sauce, along with tiny vegetables of all kinds. I wish I had it now! For dessert, I had a lemon tart garnished with cubes of tapioca (gelatinous and not to my taste) and superb coconut ice cream. As at Caterina de Medici, the service was attentive but not always knowledgeable. Clearly the servers need more information about the dishes--for example, the wonderful tomato casconne was described as a peeled tomato--which it is, but dressed with amazing flavors. We will certainly return.

• Visited May 2014