“Oh My! What a find!”

Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Clancy's Cafe and Creamery offers fresh homemade food using only the finest ingredients. Clancy's has great soup offerings and daily specials. We are open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (all year). Clancy's Cafe and Creamery has the best homemade ice cream in the Hudson Valley. We also offer wine ice cream for those Adults over the age of 21
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just a perfect lunch. I cannot tell you how long since I've indulged in a Patty melt. 15 years? 20 years? longer? It was worth the wait. I have been spoiled for any other. What more can I say - comfort indulgence well done. Sadly, no room for ice creat. I am sure that it was my loss.

1  Thank AHS121

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were craving ice cream and found this little place on the internet and decided to give it a try. The first time we were there, we shared a patty melt and I had the soft serve vanilla ice cream, and my friend had the regular chocolate ice cream. He declared it to be the best chocolate ice cream he ever had. He’s wondering if they can FedEx? I’m giving this place 4 stars because the second time we visited, I was a bit disappointed with the chili dog and the fries I ordered. The fries were not seasoned properly, so they were bland and tasteless. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. It’s well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hyde Park is best know for FDR's home, the Vanderbilt estate , Valkill home of Eleanor Roosevelt and the. Culinary. Institute of America. This little cafe is a hidden gem! The food is all prepared by the owner who is a warm and welcoming hostess. In fact all of her staff makes you feel as though you are having a meal in your very own home. Besides the warmth of this place, you will truly treat yourself to a delicious and very reasonably priced meal. Yesterday my friend and I shared a portion of their sweet potato fries. They were delicious. The full flavor of the sweet potatoes were revealed because of the way they are prepared. I also loved her cole slaw . The menu includes many different types of sandwiches and wraps as well as fried pickles And spring rolls. They have recently began to serve breakfast and it seems as the community is loving it because the parking lot is always filled. This cafe is just a about 3 minutes north of Valkill going north on 9G. It looks like a little ice cream place, but it truly is so much more. If you are driving through our little town, take advantage of this little hidden gem!

3  Thank Toby R
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The Pinot Noir wine ice cream is awesome as well as every other flavor I have tried. The Tuscany Chicken sandwich is my favorite also

1  Thank CJ19871970
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I was surprised to see Clancy's listed as it is so far under the radar. Clancy's recently changed ownership and picked this name. Why, I don't know, but I am glad the owners bought the place. Clancy's is a tiny food and ice cream emporium. The only food I ever have there is the Philly cheese steak because it is so good, as are the fries, so I can't talk about any other dish. Their ice cream is home made, and it is terrific. When I am out and about all by myself, I take a newspaper, head to Clancy's and relish the comfort food. Yum.

1  Thank mkarpoff