“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hyde Park
CT
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed for 1 night at the motel and my kids loved it. We had a room with 2 double beds. Beds were full size so I don't think this would work for tall people! Mattresses were great. Heating worked and bathroom was clean.

The motel was very clean and the grounds are well kept. My kids loved that the coffee room was stocked with pop corn, tea and coffee.

Breakfast includes fresh bagels, doughnuts, cereal and fruit, coffee tea and OJ.

it is conveniently located.

No fuss - no muss hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I'm so glad to hear that you and your kids enjoyed your visit with us. Just so you know for your next visit ---and for those who are over 6 ft' tall-- we do have extra-long double beds in some of our Deluxe 2 Double rooms. You just need to request and if its available, its yours.

I hope you had a wonderful time in Hyde Park! The next time you visit the area, we hope to welcome you back in.

Karen R. - Co-owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am not sure I would have checked into the Roosevelt Inn if I had driven by on Rout 9, but we decided to stay here based on the very positive online reviews. We thought it was great! The inn has a real vintage charm, but is comfortable and updated. Also, the free breakfast in the cleverly decorated vintage "Coffee Shop" was a real plus. This little motel was a great find! The owners are also very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Reviews can be a great tool when you're finding new places -- I'm so glad that it led you to stay with us! It sounds like you had a comfortable and cozy stay, which is great. I hope you enjoyed visiting our beautiful area. The next time you visit Hyde Park, we'd love to have you back in.

Upstate NY
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We decided to stay in Hyde Park for 2 nights and take Metro North from Poughkeepsie to NYC. This place reminded me of an old fashioned 'motor inn' from my youth. The owners know how to run a business, you walk in the office door, and the owner always appeared instantly, very pleasant and helpful. As I said to a co-worker today, this place reminded me of "Mom's house" - spotless, welcoming, warm and friendly. The little 'diner' area for the continental breakfast was cute, you half expected Flo from Flo's diner to come out of the back room and greet you! The breakfast items were a nice assortment of bagels, donuts, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice.

When service is your business, you have to pay attention to the little details that make people happy - these folks could teach the big hotels a thing or two...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Reminds you of mom's house? What a compliment! Thank you for sharing your kind words -- as a small business owner, this is about as good as it gets. I hope you had a wonderful trip to NYC -- the next time you're coming to this area, we'd love to have you stay with us!

Best,
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here with my wife and another couple on Sat. March 29, 2014. Older style two floor motel with separate detached check-in office that's part of a house on the property. The outside of the property is very clean and well kept. Check in was easy and the owner very nice. There was even a very,very, friendly dog that greeted us in the office. Our rooms, king beds, were immaculate and very comfortable. The room was nicely appointed. A flat screen tv on the wall in front of you. If watching from your bed just look straight ahead no need to turn in an uncomfortable position.The bathroom was so clean you could eat off the floor. And there was a separate sink and mirror outside the bathroom which made in very convenient. When I showered there was instant hot water, very nice. Nice continental breakfast there was even Kashi cereal. I don't know about you but if you like extremely clean places to stay this is it in Hyde Park. We only stayed one night but had a wonderful lodging experience at the Roosevelt Inn. Next time we are in the area, we don't even have to look for another place to stay, it will be the Roosevelt Inn!!! And returning guests get a 10% discount. Thanks to the owners, for caring so much, in providing a very,very clean and comfortable place to stay the night. Thank You Paul + Ann Marie, Staten Island, NY.

Room Tip: The King room was awsome!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hi, Paul and Ann-Marie! It was such a pleasure to read your review -- thank you for sharing your kind words! It sounds like you and your friends had a wonderful time in Hyde Park, which is great. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Above all, we want you to feel comfortable! The next time you're in the area, we look forward to having you back in.

JACKSON HEIGHTS
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Man, I almost don't want to leave a review because I feel like I'm spilling the beans on the best-kept secret in Dutchess County! I frequently come up from the city to ride in this area but had generally been staying in Fishkill just out of habit and familiarity (frankly, those are the only reasons to stay in Fishkill, and they are not particularly good ones!) when one of my riding buddies told me about the Roosevelt Inn. This place is a gem! I arrived in the midst of a major construction/upgrade which was being hampered by iffy weather, so the owner upgraded me to a deluxe room for the first night at no additional charge, and I found it spacious, well-appointed, and comfortable. When I moved back to my original "budget" room, it was definitely smaller and not quite as refined, and I didn't find the bed quite as comfortable as the bed in the deluxe room, but the fantastic price made it worth while. The owner bent over backward to make our stay comfortable. Since the coffee shop was closed for construction, she brought us up an entire basket of cereals, milk, juice, fruit cups, etc. at no charge (and completely unsolicited!) to make it up to us. The location is perfect for access to Poughkeepsie, Hyde Park, Salt Point, Millbrook and the surrounding area, it is right on route 9 for easy access. Its proximity to the mid-Hudson Bridge also makes it an easy jaunt to New Paltz and the other vibrant little towns on the west side of the Hudson. This place is simple, friendly, and charming, and I can't wait for them to re-open in the spring so I can come up again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Camess
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hi, Camess! Wow, it was such a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for sharing your kind words! We want you to feel right at home when you stay at our place, so we make sure you're content and comfortable. You can't start your day without some fresh coffee and breakfast treats, right? We would never want our construction to interfere with your stay, so it was our pleasure to bring those up.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit to the Hyde Park area. We're now reopen for the spring and ready to welcome back our guests! We hope you have the chance to come by again soon.

All the best,
New York, NY
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My husband and I very much enjoyed our stay at the Roosevelt Inn. Check-in was warm and friendly, and the Innkeeper went out of her way to research some local outdoor activities to supplement our visit to the FDR Library and Museum.

The room was very large, spotlessly clean and comfortable, and, as others have noted, very simply furnished. The charm of this Inn is more in it's 1950's exterior and well-kept grounds.

The included continental breakfast (juice, coffee and tea, hot cocoa, cereals, bagels and donuts, yogurt) was served in a charming diner-style breakfast room as was a nice start to each day.

if you are addicted to the interior design of boutique hotels, the Roosevelt Inn is not for you. But if you are looking for an excellent value with friendly service and a charming location, the Roosevelt Inn will fit you to a "T."

Room Tip: If you don't mind stairs, pick an upstairs room in the newer wing. It was pleasant to look at o...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your review! I'm so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Hyde Park is a great respite from the City-- trails, river, small town life. It sounds like you had the chance to check out the historic parts of town as well, which is great. The next time you make a trip to our part of New York, we'd be happy to have you back in! -Management
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 12 December 2013

A family gathering in Hyde Park brought us to the Roosevelt Inn at Thanksgiving. The setting is clearly an old "motor court". We were thankful that we did not choose the "rustic" rooms which have pine paneling, a small size and seemed quite dark. Our room had two double beds, sinks in the bathroom and in the efficiency area and adequate storage for clothing. Plus there was a small refrigerator. The real down side was the heating/cooling unit through the outside wall. With below freezing temps outside, we had to alternate between the roar of the fan which accompanied overwhelming heat even at the lowest setting and no heat at all. Not pleasant!
The staff was quite pleasant and accommodating, the rooms were clean, the TV was quite up to date. For two nights, it served the purpose!

Room Tip: The larger, "newer" rooms face the road. Those on the first floor have two double beds wh...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 861Beth
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thanks for spending the Thanksgiving holiday with us. We like to term ourselves 'vintage' versus 'old.' All of our deluxe rooms have new Thomasville furniture, mattresses, USB ports, a plethora of electric outlets, and new light fixtures. Unfortunately, the climate units have to be a certain strength to pump enough heat or air conditioning to please 'most' guests. Unfortunately, that means some hum to operate full strength. As for the Rustic rooms, they are our economy option and the pricing structure and amenities reflect that. Although, they certainly have fans amongst our clientele not all guests prefer the same room type which is why we offer deluxe or rustic. We hope that we see you again next time you're in the area visiting family.

All the best,
#1 of 5 in New Paltz
Super 8 Highland NY
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland

Been to Roosevelt Inn? Share your experiences!