“All the Right Stuff”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hyde Park
Kent Lakes, N.Y.
“All the Right Stuff”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here four night while taking a "boot camp" course at the CIA. The property met all expectation and then some. I had room 25, a deluxe king. It was clean, quiet and roomy, with a mini fridge, lots of Direct TV channels, good lighting to read by, and a second sink in the wardrobe area. The coffee shop was cute and convenient, and folks would naturally start talking about the trips they were taking and compare notes. Very friendly.

It's odd that I'm giving five stars, since I've rated some Four Seasons only a four, but there you have it!

Room Tip: Room 25, a deluxe king on the second floor met all my expectations.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I appreciate the five stars more than you know, Ted! We know the rating system is not 'apples to apples' but we aim for excellence in our lodging segment. It's wonderful to hear we're hitting the mark. I hope your boot camp went great and you enjoyed exploring the area! The next time you visit, we hope to see you in!

Karen R. - Co-owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We spent 2 nights there so that we could visit Culinary Institute of America as well as seeing other little towns. We were very happy with the room. It had a sink in the bathroom as well as one at the far end of the bedroom. This allowed my wife and I to both clean up at the same time. Plus, they offered continental breakfast at no additional charge. We had orange juice, coffee, and a variety of breakfast choices. On a down note, though, they forgot to clean our room so when we returned from sightseeing we did have to go the desk to request clean towels. Other than that little glitch, it was great.

Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us, Tom and Jo Ann! Again, I'd like to apologize for that mishap with your room -- we're all about clean and comfortable stays, and this certainly isn't a usual for us. I hope you had a blast visiting the area. The next time you come to Hyde Park, I'd love to see you both in again!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

First, understand that this is a motel. Not a high end expensive bed & breakfast. So this review is NOT comparing it to what it is not. This is a WONDERFUL place. The room was clean, clean, clean and enormous! We had a king bed room on the 2nd floor. Comfortable bed, free wi-fi, nice sitting area, refrigerator in an area w/it's own sink and counter. Clean, clean, clean bathroom. For the first time in 15 years I walked bare foot in a hotel room. AND breakfast included!! Your room key gets you entrance into an adorable retro-50's counter style cafe with cereal, juice, coffee, fruit, donuts, english muffins - all included. We are in this area a lot and we will NEVER stay anywhere else again.

1 Thank cherylstoyle
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Wow, what a lovely review! Thank you for sharing your kind words about our inn. I can tell you really appreciated how clean we keep the rooms, which is something that's extremely important to us. After all, your comfort is always top of mind! The next time you visit Hyde Park, don't hesitate to give us a call!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

So, we thought the Roosevelt Inn was great - clean, comfortable, clearly renovated with care. The only complaint I have is that my husband went to reception to ask for a corkscrew. The woman told him it would be charged to his room if it wasn't returned (which is fine, understandable). But, two minutes later, after he'd returned to the room, we got a call. It was the woman at the front desk reminding us that the rooms were newly renovated and that 'we shouldn't spill anything on the carpets'....

I understand taking pride in your property, and not wanting newly-installed carpet to be soiled, but calling someone on the phone to tell them that? That's a little heavy-handed.

Room Tip: Choose the renovated cabins. They are more expensive, but worth it.
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi, Karen! Thanks for sharing your opinion -- I'm glad that you were comfortable during your stay. As owner and operator of the inn, sometimes delivering a little reminder can overt a later charge which would be less appreciated. "Heavy-handed" wasn't our intention, but I appreciate your honest feedback.

Mexico City
Reviewed 9 May 2014

… then this is a great place. We ended up a second night, partly because one of the family members told us about more things to do and places to see in the Hudson Valley. They also raved about the FDR presidential home and library, and we really appreciated the advice. Rooms are fairly simply but clean. Good cable TV system. A special room for breakfast with a little more than runny eggs. Lots of teas and assortment of breads and bagels. Also had oatmeal, which is my pick. Good location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review, Tim! I'm thrilled to hear that you decided to stay another night and check out more of Hudson Valley -- the beautiful and fun sights are endless! It sounds like you really enjoyed your time, which is great. The next time you visit the area, we'd love to welcome you back in.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I've stayed at several other places in Hyde Park over the years and this is by far, the BEST one in town! I've always admired its' cute look and manicured exterior when passing by but it was always full. So this year I finally booked early enough to get a room. I was not disappointed!

The exterior is well maintained and looked nice with flowers planted along the walkways and in flower boxes. There were chairs on the upper level outside the rooms and I ran my hand across them. Not a spec of dust! Now that's attention to detail. My room, a deluxe queen on the upper level, was clean and modern. A flat screen TV and mini fridge were nice touches. Plenty of bedding too. A Continental breakfast is included in their own Coffee shop too!

I will definitely stay there again next year. And if you are looking for a place to stay in Hyde Park, you should look no further. This is the place you want to stay at.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ATourist2day
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
What a lovely review -- thank you for sharing your kind words! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoy staying with us during your trips to Hyde Park. It's our goal to make you feel right at home! The next time you plan a trip to the area from Hartford, we look forward to welcoming you back in.

Take care,
New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a darling Inn in Hyde Park. Centrally located to all the national parks and historic attractions, it is the cutest little hotel ever. The adjacent coffee shop where everyone gathers for breakfast in the mornings has the feel of a 1950s malt shop, and the Mother/Daughter owners are very helpful with local recommendations and directions. I hope to stay here again soon!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kiranfrye
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
What a lovely review -- thank you for sharing! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like our coffee shop was a highlight, which is great. I hope you had a blast visiting Hyde Park! The next time you're in our area, we'd love to have you back in.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyde Park
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Super 8 Highland NY
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland

Been to Roosevelt Inn? Share your experiences!