Roosevelt Inn
Travelocity
US$167
US$153
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoffee shopdonutscontinental breakfastroom keyrustic roommicrowave popcornhot chocolatedeluxe roomjuiceenglish muffinsculinary institute of americafamily runsecond floorsecond sinkhour accessthe ownerknotty pine
Reviewed 8 July 2014

If you remember traveling in the 1950's with your folks, this place will bring back the memories! It is a wonderful mom and pop motel. It is very clean and quiet, even though it is on the highway Old Rte 9.. We were greeted by the innkeepers puppy and a friendly helpful lady. Our room, #1, was very spacious, clean and comfortable and had a refrigerator. A hair dryer was available from the office upon request. They serve breakfast - cereal, doughnuts, bagels, coffee, tea, milk and juice. The hotel is located close to FRD's home and presidential library, as well as the Vanderbilt Mansion. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling in the area!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank LLJM2406
Manager-RIOHP, Manager at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and visiting our little motel and town. Hope to see you again soon! Karen

Reviewed 22 June 2014

What a fantastic place! My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights to attend the beer bourbon and bacon festival at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds and dinner at the Culinary Institute of America. We were greeted by an adorable little puppy who wanted some love and a very nice woman at the front desk. We stayed in the rustic rooms. The grounds were amazingly well maintained, the rooms were SO CLEAN and so quaint. The coffee shop had a nice continental breakfast and tea and water available all the time. We were able to get a beautiful ride in along Rt 9 on our bikes and enjoy the scenery and even able to stop at the local farmer's market to pick up some great pie and spices. My only complaint is the very thin walls and the heater in our bathroom was on. Other than that, such a great place and I can't wait to go again. I'd recommend this place to anyone travelling in the area!

Room Tip: Maybe go for an end room or a deluxe but all the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TJones15
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

What a lovely review -- thank you for sharing your kind words about our inn! The Rustic rooms are cute but they are in an older building. So while all our guests are pretty respectful sometimes some sound leaks through. As for the heater, aargh, I wish you would have mentioned it. There was a quick fix--it has a switch on it that we could have turned off for you. Oh well, I am glad however that you enjoyed your stay and the area activities. There is so much to do in the summertime in the Hudson Valley! We hope to see you in during your next trip!

Best,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Wonderful little place with friendly people on Old Rte 9. We got the deluxe queen room and were very pleased. It was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The innkeepers are sweet and their dog is adorable. I would be glad to stay there again next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room was very comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I appreciate this thoughtful review, Lex! It's great to hear that you felt welcomed and comfortable staying with us. I hope you had a fun time visiting Hyde Park -- we'll see you the next time!

Best,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've had the privilege now of staying at the Roosevelt Inn not once, but TWICE--some 13 years apart! I was first here in August of 2001 & liked it so much that, upon a return visit to Hyde Park earlier this month, I decided to stay here once again! To my complete & utter delight, precious little had changed in the intervening years!

I always opt for their older "rustic" rooms--as I enjoy their special character and charm. I was particularly delighted when I discovered the other week that, without even requesting it, I'd been placed in the exact same room I'd stayed in originally 13 years ago. By comparing photographs, I could see just how little had changed; the most obvious changes being that there is now a new flat-screen HDTV and a small refrigerator in the room--both very welcome changes indeed!

The inn is quaint & simple, but has a lot of Old World charm--and allows you to feel as if you've momentarily stepped back in time to a calmer, simpler era (part of the appeal for me of Hyde Park in the first place). It is ideally situated just a mile or so up the road from the main FDR sites (his ancestral home of "Springwood", his newly-renovated presidential library & museum, etc.) and, since visiting these sites is always the primary purpose of my trips to Hyde Park, that's just exactly what I'm looking for!

In the event that I ever have opportunity to return to Hyde Park for another visit, I will happily book a room at the lovely little Roosevelt Inn for a 3rd stay! :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

How amazing is it that you stayed in the same room 13 years later? I absolutely love that! Thanks for taking the time to share such an fun story. It sounds like you had a blast visiting the Hyde Park area and staying with us, which is great. I hope to see you back for many more visits to come!

Take care,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at this nice little motel for 4 nights. Had a large room on the second floor. Very clean and comfortable. Room had new carpeting and furnishings. The location was excellent. Located between Roosevelt and Vanderbilt mansions. Not far from Poughkeepsie to catch train into city. And about 20 minutes from Rhinebeck. Lots of good places to eat. Be sure to go to Eveready! Which was featured on the Food Channel. There's a wonderful antique store right there. The best I have ever seen. Very organized, with prices that vary. I would absolutely stay here again. Great time!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AmherstTraveler
Karen R, Owner at Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

What a lovely review -- thanks for sharing your great feedback with us! It sounds like you had a blast exploring the area, which is wonderful. You can't beat Hudson Valley in the summer, right? We hope to see you soon!

Until next time,