“What is Pete "famous" for?”
Review of Pete's Famous Cafe Grill - CLOSED

Pete's Famous Cafe Grill
Picture Rocks, Pa
“What is Pete "famous" for?”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stopped at Pete's because the other diner was full to overflowing . . we were seated by a lady who was very hurried even though the diner was QUIET . . . the menu is extensive but overpriced, and our first served (who "dropped" us, for some reason) was having a hard time with "coffee and water" for our drinks. Our second server was very cordial and friendly. It took them about 20 minutes to realize that they were out of spinach salad, but once we got all that straightened out, my wife ended up with cold french fries, corn, and chicken cordon bleu, which really wasn't too bad. I had "Pasta daVinci," which was really good .. and a sizeable portion, too. Even though we left full, we were amazed that this quiet little place could have such long delays . . . and were wondering why exactly Pete's was "famous" anyway . . . . .

• Visited October 2012

wappingers falls
“discusting burger”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stopped at Petes famous today for lunch with my son and wife. We all ordered the pub burger. The bread tasted like it was frozen and then put in microwave. The burger tasted like mush. The server didn't seem to care or even come to the table to see how things were or asked if we need refils on our drinks. I would not recomend this place. If I go to Hyde Park again I'll eat at the Dinner next door.

• Visited August 2012
Georgetown, PA
“Enjoyed dining here”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Had breakfast and dinner at Pete's and found the food to be very good. The service was very good as if they appreciated the customers. Portions were large. Food was flavorful. The spinach salad was excellent. Extensive menu to choose from for both breakfast and dinner. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. Did not find it to be anything like a cafeteria as stated by other reviewers. Prices were very reasonable and overall it was good value for your money.

• Visited August 2012
Rhinebeck, New York
“Decent service, cafeteria type food.”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Had been wanting to try this place for a little while.... the outside is a little deceiving of the inside decor. Once I entered, although it is not a cafeteria style setting, that was the overall feel I got.... and the food was ok, also reminded me of a cafeteria.... glad I went, but I won't be returning.

• Visited March 2012
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Good Food, Great Value”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Excellently prepared basic diner food -- a huge menu! -- in clean, bright decor with friendly service. Great prices and generous portions. Not for a fancy dinner --- but for good eats at a reasonable price, excellent.

Visited May 2012