“Multiple visits..”
Review of Golden Manor Motel

Golden Manor Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Golden Manor Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hyde Park
Florida
“Multiple visits..”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

It's been may be 3 years since I've stayed here. The owners DO maintain this property, which is quite large. . I've always had a decent room, dated in a cool way..kind of retro. Period ( 60's ) furnishings..in excellent condition.. room is in good shape. I had a slight mildew order as I see some have complained about, but not a problem for me. The room was large. I would absolutely stay here again. I like the price and there is a restaurant nearby .. a steakhouse/brewery minutes south.. I mean it is probably walking distance ..that was very good. there is a very attractive pool that was not operational when we were there, if this is important to you, check on it. the chairs surrounding the pool are kind of retro too.. pink,green,lavender. Most rooms face your parking spot, but some do not. If walking is an issue, ask about this as my room was facing the pool and there is, of course, no parking spot right there.

Room Tip: some rooms surround the very attractive pool.. but require more walking from car .know this..
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Katya m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lehigh Valley, PA
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Granted the furniture is from the early 60's, but who cares? The room was very, very clean, there was no mustiness spoken of in another review. The inkeeprs are Korean (I believe) and come off brusque over the phone, but in person are very helpful. They even put out donuts, juice and coffee. Very cheap place and perfectly fine, if you are not looking to spend the extra 50.00 a night for a Holiday Inn or such that will only have newer furniture to offer.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank westlover
Tryon, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This is an extensive 60's type motel with large pool and green areas, all in very good condition. The rooms are large and spotlessly clean. There are several efficiencies available with all the comforts of home which encourage multi-day stays, very quiet at nights. Somewhat elderly bathrooms but totally adequate, excellent shower/water pressure. Daily fresh linens, the sheets are professionally washed and ironed. Haven't seen ironed sheets even in much more expensive hotel properties in a long time. We have stayed here before, the room rates are the lowest in that area and the quality of facility and cleanliness is the highest. The owners, a Korean/American couple, have run this property for over 20 years, are very knowledgeable about the area and absolutely professional and very helpful. Small but sufficient continental breakfast and newspaper are included.
For a runner/walker/sports persons, this location is paradise, it is directly across the street from the Roosevelt estate with extensive and beautiful walking trails with a connection to the Vanderbilt Mansion trails.
We have seen less positive reviews than ours on this property in which reviewers seem to expect a much higher level of luxuries for the room price they pay here. We love this motel and find that if delivers more than enough for the rates the owners charge. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ursulashu
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have stayed there twice the rooms were clean but VERY musty...the first time was near the end of fall so we just chalked it up to weather..This last time we brought a group of friends with us on a motorcycle trip. Hot day's ride and were anticipating a cool dip in the pool when we arrived...NO POOL available, so we asked for a discount and were told we could be refunded some of the money and move to the next hotel with a pool. Rooms still musty air conditioner was broken. Did not even offer a discount on our next stay....AS IF

Room Tip: Is the pool open and are the air conditioners worg
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We have family in the Army who just had a baby some of our family were already staying here at this hotel for Rate reasons. I assumed it was going to be a decent place and upon first glance it was. Pool areas are nice color choices on the walls are too. However the smell in our room was terrible it smelled like rotten fruit. We ran the air hoping it would help, it did not. There were only bread for breakfast that disappeared quickly and my biggest peeve no microwave in the room. I was traveling with a toddler who has a very specific eating schedule so I had no way to heat her food. The first evening when I inquired about one I was told I could get one in the morning. It never arrived when I called the next day and asked again I was told the same thing, "we can bring you one in the morning." Ugh! The gas station next door thankfully was kind enough to heat her food since I had shopped there. I also found candy pieces stuffed in the furniture and even a pill under the bed. Ummm maid service? Just glad I found them before my toddler did!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I have stayed in the other hotel/motels in the area and this is the best out of them. This was also the cheapest too. Which is a plus about 60 including tax. The bathrooms are exceptionally clean ( trust me I'm very picky about this) there is no fridge or micro but that really didn't bother our stay. The TV wasn't brand new but large and nice with lots of channels offered. The sheets were clean and the blankets were like new. I will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Copake21
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I stayed at the Golden Manor 3 weeks ago when I came to Poughkeepsie to be with my mom for her last days alive. On the morning of her death my sister and I had to leave the hotel very early to go to the nursing home where she had passed in the night. Upon our return to the hotel to take showers we found we had been LOCKED OUT of our room because we did not pay IN CASH AHEAD OF TIME FOR THE 6 DAYS we planned to be there!!!!!!! I have NEVER had to pay in advance for a hotel stay!!! Needless to say my sister and I checked out immediately after we were told that they didn't care if our mother died or not that morning but that they just wanted their cash up front. In addition, the rooms are very musty smelling and the microwave we were told our room had did not even exist! "Breakfast included" meant a box of doughnuts from the local supermarket opened up in the front lobby. Please do not patronize this place --the Quality Inn up the street is far superior.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
#7 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Super 8 Highland NY
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland

Been to Golden Manor Motel? Share your experiences!