“Clean, no frills, but nice pool”
Review of Golden Manor Motel

Golden Manor Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Golden Manor Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hyde Park
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed here to be close to some of the National Park sites. It's very conveniently located, across the street from the FDR home. On July 4th weekend, we paid $75 for our room, and it was the best deal of the trip. The motel is a big 'C' facing away from the road, with little side wings pointing toward it. Parking was pretty tight since they were so full. Sadly, the excellent neon sign has been recently replaced by a cheap and tacky plastic sign, which did sort of hurt the retro vibe.

I originally thought the owners were a bit crusty, but when I came back to fill the ice bucket, they were very friendly and had good tips on food in the area. Our room was next to the office, and was pretty large. It was worn, but clean. The furnishings were dated, but that was just part of the fun, as was our beautiful pink tile bathroom. We really enjoyed the pool, which was pretty large for this sort of place. Despite the brutal heat, we were almost alone using it. The bed was comfortable, and although it was not the quietest night we've ever spent (motel full, road traffic), we slept well. I might try one of the other old motels next time to satisfy my curiosity, but I would be very happy to end up here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank roadtripperMaryland

Reviewed 12 September 2011

It's clean,and the managers are courteous. They have a simple breakfast with coffee, buns and juice. They are far enough fro rte 9 that you won't have much highway noise.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank justthefaxmam
Reviewed 27 July 2011

It's been may be 3 years since I've stayed here. The owners DO maintain this property, which is quite large. . I've always had a decent room, dated in a cool way..kind of retro. Period ( 60's ) furnishings..in excellent condition.. room is in good shape. I had a slight mildew order as I see some have complained about, but not a problem for me. The room was large. I would absolutely stay here again. I like the price and there is a restaurant nearby .. a steakhouse/brewery minutes south.. I mean it is probably walking distance ..that was very good. there is a very attractive pool that was not operational when we were there, if this is important to you, check on it. the chairs surrounding the pool are kind of retro too.. pink,green,lavender. Most rooms face your parking spot, but some do not. If walking is an issue, ask about this as my room was facing the pool and there is, of course, no parking spot right there.

Room Tip: some rooms surround the very attractive pool.. but require more walking from car .know this..
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Katya m
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Granted the furniture is from the early 60's, but who cares? The room was very, very clean, there was no mustiness spoken of in another review. The inkeeprs are Korean (I believe) and come off brusque over the phone, but in person are very helpful. They even put out donuts, juice and coffee. Very cheap place and perfectly fine, if you are not looking to spend the extra 50.00 a night for a Holiday Inn or such that will only have newer furniture to offer.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank westlover
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This is an extensive 60's type motel with large pool and green areas, all in very good condition. The rooms are large and spotlessly clean. There are several efficiencies available with all the comforts of home which encourage multi-day stays, very quiet at nights. Somewhat elderly bathrooms but totally adequate, excellent shower/water pressure. Daily fresh linens, the sheets are professionally washed and ironed. Haven't seen ironed sheets even in much more expensive hotel properties in a long time. We have stayed here before, the room rates are the lowest in that area and the quality of facility and cleanliness is the highest. The owners, a Korean/American couple, have run this property for over 20 years, are very knowledgeable about the area and absolutely professional and very helpful. Small but sufficient continental breakfast and newspaper are included.
For a runner/walker/sports persons, this location is paradise, it is directly across the street from the Roosevelt estate with extensive and beautiful walking trails with a connection to the Vanderbilt Mansion trails.
We have seen less positive reviews than ours on this property in which reviewers seem to expect a much higher level of luxuries for the room price they pay here. We love this motel and find that if delivers more than enough for the rates the owners charge. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ursulashu
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have stayed there twice the rooms were clean but VERY musty...the first time was near the end of fall so we just chalked it up to weather..This last time we brought a group of friends with us on a motorcycle trip. Hot day's ride and were anticipating a cool dip in the pool when we arrived...NO POOL available, so we asked for a discount and were told we could be refunded some of the money and move to the next hotel with a pool. Rooms still musty air conditioner was broken. Did not even offer a discount on our next stay....AS IF

Room Tip: Is the pool open and are the air conditioners worg
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We have family in the Army who just had a baby some of our family were already staying here at this hotel for Rate reasons. I assumed it was going to be a decent place and upon first glance it was. Pool areas are nice color choices on the walls are too. However the smell in our room was terrible it smelled like rotten fruit. We ran the air hoping it would help, it did not. There were only bread for breakfast that disappeared quickly and my biggest peeve no microwave in the room. I was traveling with a toddler who has a very specific eating schedule so I had no way to heat her food. The first evening when I inquired about one I was told I could get one in the morning. It never arrived when I called the next day and asked again I was told the same thing, "we can bring you one in the morning." Ugh! The gas station next door thankfully was kind enough to heat her food since I had shopped there. I also found candy pieces stuffed in the furniture and even a pill under the bed. Ummm maid service? Just glad I found them before my toddler did!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Golden Manor Motel? Share your experiences!