1. The location was good. It was on the main highway and only a few minutes from FDR’s home. In the opposite direction, the Culinary Institute was close as well. There were restaurants and a supermarket within a 5-minute or so drive.
2. The price was very reasonable.
3. The hotel was a typical 1950’s-ish motel. The room was clean, simple and functional. There was a pool in the back, although I did not use it. The bathroom was just like the bathroom in the house that I grew up in, and was perfectly adequate for its intended purpose.
4. The owner and his wife were very nice and friendly. There was coffee, orange juice and donuts/muffins for breakfast, free of charge.
Overall, it’s not the Ritz, but was a fine motel for a short stay. I have no complaints.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Manor Hotel Hyde Park
- Golden Manor Hyde Park