“Classic Looking Diner with a Classy Menu!”
Review of Eveready Diner

Eveready Diner
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I'd read favorable reviews for the Eveready so I wanted to give it a go. What a great choice! I love the 50s decor but everything is squeaky clean and well-maintained. The staff were friendly and efficient.

The menu offers so many choices! I just couldn't get past the interesting salads offered. The first visit I had the Chicken Polynesian Salad with chicken, greens, toasted pecans, sesame seeds, mandarin oranges and more layered with a couple of crisp wonton wrapper sheets for some nice extra crunch, all topped with a light, tasty plum dressing. Yum! The herb-topped bread was too much to resist.

The next day we returned and I had one of the specials--Turkey Cobb Salad (chicken and shrimp are offered on their regular menu). Another great choice, but so generous that I had to pack some to take with me. On that visit I also snagged a couple of French fries off my sister's plate--even tho I don't normally eat them-- because they looked great--and it turned out that they tasted great too! Nice and crispy!

There is something on the menu for everyone here and I'll bet it all tastes great! And I was sorry that I didn't have room for something out of the bakery case--it all looked good too!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Three is really splitting the difference. His was somewhere in the bad/inedible range, hers was pretty good, so we wind up at average. Too bad.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After a busy morning visiting nearby mansions, we decided to stop at the Eveready Diner for lunch. The diner has a clean, old-time, 50's retro style both inside and out. There is easy access and ample parking.
The menu is enormous for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My wife chose a corned beef sandwich while I selected the chicken salad club. The sandwiches were large. We easily could have shared one. They also came with a large side of french fries and a fairly large, deli-style, dill pickle and a side of cole slaw that was delightfully light without the heavy mayonnaise. The price was very reasonable for the quality and portions received. Service was prompt and courteous. if we found ourselves in Hyde Park, NY again, the Eveready diner would be a revisit for sure.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I eat here regularly and is my favorite Diner. The food always fresh. Especially the Tuscan chicken which is chicken cutlets smothered in mushroom gravy and sun dried tomatoes with bed of spinach and mashed potatoes. The loaves of bread are fresh and delicious. Very popular with locals as well as Marist students. Long lines at peak times but worth the wait. Featured on food network a couple of times, Guy Fiore!
Has become a Hudson Valley landmark.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were pleased we listened to a recommendation and came here to eat. The building looks like a 1950's diner, bright and shiny and busy, but the food is a step above the expected greasy spoon. There are diner favorites on the menu; hamburgers, malts, pages of breakfast choices. Our dinner choices were salads, though, because of the mouth-watering descriptions. I had the Hudson; a generous marinated chicken breast, apples, cranberries, toasted pecans, greens, and honey-mustard dressing. The salad came with irresistible slices of bread. We returned for lunch. I had the souvlaki pita; wish I could make a yogurt dressing like this.... Service was excellent, price was reasonable. It is a diner, though, a little noisy, and the A/C was blowing on my sister's shoulder. The desserts in the case looked wonderful, but we had no room. We took some of my sister's salad home.