“Terrible!!! From service to food!”
Review of Chow

Chow
Ranked #13 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Chow, we only use organic produce. We are proud to use products from local vendors and to use those products to make everything in house. Our Danville location has a bakery kitchen that makes all the fresh produce and then sends it to each of our locations. If you love our jams, salad dressings or anything else, please note that our Lafayette location has a Farmers’ Market with these products. You can now add Chow’s Cooking to your Home Cooking! Enjoy!
“Terrible!!! From service to food!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Absolutely terrible... No better than a Denny's...waitress had major attitude and seemed bothered by our existence! Had to ask several times for drink... Took so long she gave it to us free... Apps nothing special... Microwaved goat cheese! Tomatoes tasty... Grilled chicken soaked in bacon grease n onions... Nice Atmosphere and Bar... Very nice manager... But I would NEVEr waste my money on such crap again ! Sorry but it was a real let down... Heard breakfast was good... But I'm not that brave.

• Visited July 2014

Carmel, California
“What a shame!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Chow used to be one of our favourite casual restaurants but in the last year or so everything about it has deteriorated - the quality of the food, the staff, the cleanliness, the wait time to have your order taken and the food delivered, and the general atmosphere. When it first opened and for years after, we used to go a couple of times a month but now it's a last resort. We are really disappointed in what has happened to Danville's Chow.

• Visited July 2014
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Patio and Large Food Selection”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We went to Chow's because they have a patio that is dog friendly, and we were travelling from out of the area with our Black Lab. The patio was perfect and already well stocked with dog water bowls. The menu is quite extensive and we had a good dinner. It would have received five stars except that the staff was a bit disorganized. They were quite nice but different servers kept appearing at our table except, of course, when we needed something. Overall perfectly pleasant experience nonetheless.

• Visited May 2014
Chow R, Manager at Chow, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review, and for the feedback! I'm sorry service seemed disorganized-- we like to make sure that our guests are well taken care of, so many people might come to your table... but this doesn't mean good service if we're not there when you need us! I appreciate the feedback and will review this with my team.

Best regards,

Michael D., General Manager
Danville, California
“A real Bistro in Danville!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Chow is the "melting pot" for Calif. Casual, bistro-style dining in Danville - especially AFTER 9pm when everyplace else closes.
Always "hip", fresh menu items, seldom the same-twice where you can also bring your pet & sit outside and be served the great Chow food options. Very "happening" bar with an upscale, family-friendly/pet crowd.

Visited March 2014
Danville, California
“A Danville favorite”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We eat at Chow often - my sons crave the lamb burgers, and I crave the fish tacos! It can be noisy when crowded, but the fireplace inside and the fire pit on the patio always make it feel cozy.
I especially love that I can buy a single Egg(s) Benedict, a half slice of dessert pie and a half glass of wine (great if I'm driving).

• Visited February 2014
Chow R, General Manager at Chow, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Your loyalty means the world to us, Jan, as does this excellent review. I'm so happy to hear that you and your sons crave our burgers and tacos, and I hope you'll have a strong craving again soon -- we'd love to welcome you! Once again, my sincere thanks for your continued support, and I hope we can add on that final star during your next visit -- don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything in particular I can do to make that happen!

Best,