“Touch of Mexican and a touch of style”

The Prickly Pear Cantina
Ranked #58 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Camino Tassajara and Blackhawk Road
“Touch of Mexican and a touch of style”
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Takes a combination of both to alter the traditional Mexican dishes very nice not overdone. Love the view of the pond, waterfalls and ducks. Very relaxing by the way if in the mood give it a try.

1 Thank Joseamel

Danville, California
“We Love It Here”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We love it here. Great food, excellent service. However it is very noisy in the dinning room. Not so bad on the patio or in the bar.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Frank C
Danville, CA
“Upscale Mexican fare”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Nice outdoor patio. Get the firepit table if you can (there's only one). The prawn cocktail is excellent; all the food is very good. Inside is very noisy, and service is a bit spotty. When the place is crowded. it gets backed up.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Roadwearrior
Montgomery Creek, California
“Excellent food, wonderful setting and great service.”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I went in on a Wednesday mid afternoon so it wasn't crowded. My service was great. The waitress wasn't at the front when I walked in so a young man who works there who just came in to pick up his paycheck was there when he saw me walk in he told me he would go tell he waitress I was there. What a sweetie! I had an incredible Prickly Pear Margarita with their FAMOSO burritto.
The food and drink was excellent including the homemade tortilla chips and salsa.
I sat inside as it was a really hot day but their outside patio over looks some beautiful water ponds, falls, ect. I will definately be going back and will be bringing friends and family with me.
Their Chef and Owner is Rodney Worth, rated the #1 Chef in the East Bay.
Truth is I have never had a dish in one of his restaurants that wasn't top notch.
When I go to the East Bay for business with my husband I always look forward to eating at his places.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank TonyaL84
Arizona
“Average Mexican”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Four of went to the Blackhawk Car Collection, quite a place by the way and after wandering through there we looked for a bite to eat and settled on the Prickly Pear Cantina.

Service was good. Someone was at our table taking drink orders quite quickly.

Three of us had the Tres Amigos Special three tacos with different fillings. The other was posole stew or soup if you prefer. None were excellent but then they weren’t too bad either it was just average Mexican.

I’m sure there are better places nearby.

• Visited February 2012