“Misses”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Camino Tassajara and Blackhawk Road
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Prickly Pear replaced Coa and, like many in the Worth Restaurant Group, they come close, yet miss. In my opinion, all of the restaurants in the group are OK, but rarely more. The group has grown very rapidly in recent years and has had a lot of success. The cuisine, however, is not what I would call anything better than average, even in a town with limited options.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I really like this place. When the weather is good, the outdoor seating is the place to be. The pond and the occasional live music create the perfect atmosphere. The food is good, the prices are reasonable and the service is excellent. There isn't much more that I could ask for.

1  Thank Mike E
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We came here because the Little Pear restaurant was busy and it was a very hot day (106 degrees). It's inside a fancy mall so park by the Anthropology store and walk into the mall. This place was an oasis. The room is well decorated and welcoming. The windows had a close up view of the beautiful water fall feature inside the Blackhawk mall. Our server was friendly, helpful and responsive. The food was very good. The chips were fresh and warm. We had a taco salad, a spicy taco salad and tamales. The salads are HUGE. I enjoyed mine so much I packed it home and ate it again for dinner. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank nadomom2
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Went here for a bachelorette dinner with some friends. It's a little bit hard to find the restaurant as the entrance is inside the Blackhawk Plaza shopping area - don't give up.

Among the 8 of us, we ordered a variety of entrees and everyone was very satisfied with the food. One word of warning...the entrees are huge! The standard burrito must be at least 2 pounds...so plan accordingly.

One of my friends is on a gluten free diet. They didn't have very many GF options, but were willing/able to make her a salad which she said was quite good.

All in all, not the best Mexican I've had, but I'd go here again.

1  Thank Wildiris117
Reviewed 12 May 2013

6 of us went Saturday at 5 PM for an early Mother's Day celebration. We were immediately shown to our table, our orders taken and delivered, and that was it for the waitress, Danielle. I guess she thought she was done!
We had to flag down a waiter to ask if she would return to our table to refill our drinks...twice! She never returned voluntarily to ask if everything was OK. She almost acted annoyed that we needed her.
The food was excellent...several got taco salads with shredded beef, no fat. One got the chili colorado-excellent. One got fajitas...one got chicken tortilla soup and shrimp cocktail.
The pitcher of margaritas was also excellent, but the one original margarita ordered later was very sour...good, but not sweet.
We would return and hope to get a different waitress.

2  Thank Tahoe2