“Outdoor mall beauty”
Review of Blackhawk Plaza

Blackhawk Plaza
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Danville
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Great place to stroll for browsing. Terrific store in Draegers super market. Weekend concert in the open center area. Good restaurant dining and lovely water landscaping design interior.

1  Thank propilot62

Reviewed 9 August 2013

What a well kept secret hideaway for the rich and famous this place is....The Blackhawk Centre at Danville is a must see. Not for the shopping as much as just the scenery, the ducks, turtles, fish, waterfalls and stream that runs between this outdoor high end stores is worth the sightseeing alone. There was a plastic surgery clinic beside a high end boutique, the ultimate childrens fairy princess Salon for girls under 13 to have their hair and nails done, or birthday parties. You can feed the ducks, admire the beautiful scenery and beautiful people. I would say to dress up to walk around there. Even the children were perfectly polished and their outfits looked like the costs of my wardrobe....Yikes. But it's a little world in itself. I don't really know how it stays open, it is not a busy centre, so perhaps people just open boutiques and places for hobbies and not to make more money? It is surreal.

1  Thank GrammaGully
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Our two little ones were so fascinated with the ducks, that we made two trips. Enough choices of restaurants that allow you to sit outside and enjoy the ambiance.

2  Thank SKG109
Reviewed 29 July 2013

WEnt to Blackhawk Grill. Beautiful venue looking out at waterfalls and ducks. Overall the Plaza is an overbuilt shopping mall for the affluent community of Blackhawk. The stores keep changing because there is not enough foot traffic to maintain a business. Draegers Market is very upscale. Restaurants come and go since this is located in an out of the way area. Worth a visit and dinner at the grill for a special occasion.

1  Thank Dkreuzer
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Yesterday my friend & I visited Blackhawk Plaza for the first time, recommended by a friend of ours, I already fell in love with pictures found from Google Images, being loving to take pictures, it seemed to be an ideal place to spend one Saturday morning since we live over an hour drive away from there. Those pictures that I saw didn't do justice to the beautiful pond and peace it brought me when I glanced at those coloful ducks (mallard birds) swimming along the pond. Yesterday it wasn't sunny, but it was perfect weather to take pictures.

I had fun taking pictures and strolled by the pond. I won't mind going back there given the opportunity.

3  Thank lwtsingtao