“GREAT VIEW, DELICOUS FOODS AND EXCELLENT SERVICE”
Review of The Little Pear

The Little Pear
Ranked #14 of 146 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I wrote a long review, didn't know it didn't go through until I brought up the web page again, so this review is going to be lot shorter than what I input few hours ago.

My friend & I ordered went to this restaurant for breakfast, Blackhawk Hash and Lumberjack Pancake Stack, we both loved what we had and we even tried each other's foods, were satisfied with the foods.

We had non stop attention from our server, Stephanie. She made sure we weren't forgotten even we sat at the Patio area where we could have unobstructive view of beautiful pond and playful ducks.....

We had fun and love the area. We will be back there in a month or so to visit Museum and Daeger's Market.

2  Thank lwtsingtao

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Every time I've been here, the food, service and ambiance is excellent. I almost don't want to review and write about it just to keep it to be my own little secret. I love their sandwiches, fries and just about everything. The croque Madame is one of my favorites. It's a great spot overall and this service is always spot on,

3  Thank Canbasher
Reviewed 6 August 2012

A cute little bistro with soups, salads, gourmet sandwiches, burgers, etc. The Salad Nicoise is particularly nice with pan seared Ahi Tuna and olives, green beans, tomatoes, potato salad over organic greens with a sherry shallot vinaigrette. Nice portion size! Also the Danville Chicken Sandwich with Brie Cheese and Pear was also very good. We sat on the patio overlooking the water where a blue heron landed. They serve Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner from 8 am – 9 pm. Prices were in the $6 to $13 range for lunch.

1  Thank camfva
Reviewed 9 July 2012

If you are up in Blackhawk and fancy a nice causal lunch The Little Pear is your spot. The owner, Rodney Worth was named 2012 East Bay Chef of the Year. His casual bistro serves up great salad and sandwiches. On our last trip I had an outstanding shrimp po'boy and my wife had a delicious smoked chicken salad sandwich. The fries that come with are perfectly cooked and well seasoned. Lots of menu items to choose from but not overwhelming. Friendly competent service and great food make this bistro one to visit when in Blackhawk.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

This 4th opening of Rodney Worth's "Pear" themed restaurants in right next door to his new Prickly Pear Cantina. But this tiny restiuarnt shares the menu with his Alamo star, the Peasant Courtyard. Menus are almost identical, but the Little Pear is situated on the water at Blackhawk Plaza, well worth the drive to enjoy the best of Blackhawk.

Brunch is fanstastic, but get there early, the outside tables fill up quickly when the sun is out. Inside seating is fine, but with only 6 tables, a line can form outside.