“Great Wine & Friendly Locals at the Vine!”

The Vine at Bridges
Ranked #33 of 148 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a wine bar that is owned by the same people as own Bridges restaurant in Danville. But it is at a different street address and operates separately from the restaurant. While some Bridges restaurant reviews mention this nearby wine bar, there is no Trip Advisor page for The Vine. I'd like to write a review of our recent experience there. Look forward to The Vine at Bridges appearing as its own page so I can do that. Thanks!
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I had not been to The Vine in a few years and have happily "reclaimed" it as a "go-to" spot. Lindsay, the waitress, was fun and attentive. The owner, David was delightful and kind enough to introduce himself. We met several locals and the time just flew by! Everyone was very friendly and conversational. The music was a little bit too loud to comfortably talk, but we still had a great time.
The wine flights were creative and delicious. The happy hour pricing allowed us to taste different wines. The food at Bridges is always wonderful and, now, a limited menu is available at The Vine. What a treat for Happy Hour munchies. I will be back -- and soon, I hope!

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Great place to have celebrated my birthday this year. I loved the Vine Flights, the combinations are dramatically delicious. Attentive staff and reasonable prices!!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Ok, I have to be honest and say I ate nothing he but bought a LOT! This is a wonderful wine shop with knowledgeable people who, with a few good questions, can lead you to the right shelves or racks and help you fill your arms with wonderful bottles, while helping you stick to a budget, too. I loved this place because I didn't recognize a thing in it and I drink a good bit of wine. My sis drinks a lot of wine and has been trained and she didn't recognize that much either. On his (sorry, Wente guy, that I can't remember your name) recommendation, we bought a bottle of not-expensive Portuguese port, and we drained the bottle that week. If you're looking for something unusual or even rare, try The Vine. If you want the usual, BevCo is right down the street!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Gem of a wine bar and bottle shop associated with Bridges restaurant. In a separate building from the restaurant and in a great location fronting Danville's downtown main street, Hartz Avenue.

Literally hundreds of bottles of wine for sale in the bottle shop, a creative and continually changing wine list for by the glass options in the wine bar, decent prices, happy hour specials, friendly and knowledgeable service and just funky enough "all people are welcome" interior.

The Vine is on our "go to" recommendation list for wine lovers visiting Danville as we were a few weeks ago. We used to live in Danville but, sadly for us, The Vine was not in business then. Or we'd have been regular customers.

WINE BAR VARIETY & VALUE:
The Vine had a nicely broad menu by the glass letting you explore the world of wine, just as a wine bar should. Arranged as options to create your own flight or packaged in creative recommended flights or to order alone. Three ounce pours ranged from $5 - $6 and six ounce pours from $10 - $15. For the quality of the wine, ambiance and service, we thought this was a pretty reasonable deal. Given this is Danville, after all, and things are spendy in this neck of the woods.

SERVICE:
Striking the perfect balance of friendly and efficient to match the setting, the server could answer our questions and make recommendations. I imagine a wine novice and a connoisseur would feel equally welcome and at home here with this kind of service. My husband and I fall in the middle of that spectrum and we felt very comfortable.

To round out the good service, the wine was served in good quality stemware and at the right temperatures.

HAPPY HOUR:
Monday through Friday, 5p - 7p there are some specials offered. On Wednesday you can create your own flight of any three wines on their tasting menu for $15.00.

DRAWBACK:
So, what's not to like? Well, maybe that their food menu is a more limited than one might expect with parent restaurant Bridges about a stone's throw away.

ACCESSIBILITY:
Level in. All on one floor. And here's a big "woohoo" for those of us who have trouble boosting ourselves into the high perch stools at bar height tables and for whom "falling off a bar stool" has special meaning: The Vine has an adequate amount of seating at standard height tables on banquette bench seating too.

PS:
1) If you can't find what you're looking for by the bottle here, you might head out to Blackhawk Plaza and take a look at the wine selection at Drager's market there. An impressive selection and one of the best collections of Italian wines we've seen in any retailer in the area.

2) Given the limited menu, we skipped the eats at The Vine and walked across the street to Il Contro for dinner. A good Italian food experience that we'd recommend to other visitors looking for a convenient option to follow wine tasting.

3) Parking is in short supply in downtown Danville - so it goes.

1  Thank piacere