“Good pastries and coffee drinks, average food quality”
Review of La Boulange - CLOSED

La Boulange
Description: Bakery and Cafe Chain opens new location in Danville
Description: Bakery and Cafe Chain opens new location in Danville
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This is a great place to hang out with your friends or conduct an informal/casual business meeting. It has lots of tables, great ambiance and a large selection of food (from salads and sandwiches to pastries and drinks). However, I do think their food quality is average at best, and my favorite item to order is the large mocha that is served in a tremendously large bowl (I call it the trough).

Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

I come here 1-3 times/week and really enjoy the atmosphere (French music playing right now). Croissants are pretty tasty and expresso quite decent. The French toast is really good although I never had something like that in France ;-) Oh, I almost forgot the freshly squeezed orange juice! A nice plus...

Reviewed 15 November 2012

their sandwiches are very nice. open face tuna is great. fruit salad is also a must. not just melons like at other places, seasonal good fruit. pastries are nice.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

La Boulange always offers fresh pastry and breads as well as soup bowl size cafe lattes, etc. It is a great spot for an informal breakfast, lunch, or snack for the family including the kids. They always have an open jar of nutella free to use on your fresh bread or toast. A plus for the kids! Also, a variety of jams. There is a large variety of sandwiches ranging from regular size to pre-made petite size. There is something for everyone, even the most difficult eaters.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We ate here the evening before, and it was so good we went back the next morning.
I hesitate to rate their latte, as everyone has a different taste, but vanilla latte's are my favorite, and I've had them all the way down the west coast, from Alaska to California, and this was the best ever: great flavor and not too sweet. They don't have medium size, only small or large, so I picked the large, and it was served in (for lack of a better way to describe it) a drinking bowl: very large, with no handle for your fingers; you just pick it up with both hands. Terrific! Safe to say the presentation and the flavor both highly impressed me. Also very good was the vegetable tart and the salmon quiche. Added to all this was the option to sit outside, in which we thoroughly enjoyed the early morning sunshine. This is just the kind of place I look for!