“Service and Limited Menu”

Esin Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Esin Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sycamore Rd
Description: Esin has been a neighborhood jewel since opening in 1998. The name Esin is not only the name of one of the owners but also means “inspiration”. The food is the passion of Chef & Owners Curtis and Esin deCarion. They strive to create cuisine that is fresh, seasonal, and prepared with great care. The fare is American with bits of Mediterranean influences. The wine list has been recognized by Wine Spectator & Wine Enthusiast magazines. Esin Restaurant & Bar relocated in July of 2008 to the Newest upscale lifestyle center The Rose Garden in Danville. The freshly designed dining room offers warm and comforting tones. Be sure to save room for one of Esin’s fresh made desserts that have become so well known.
Alamo, California
“Service and Limited Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Service is always excellent as is the desserts. The menu though is limited and needs to be a little more diverse. Hanger Steak very good. My friend at lunch always get the Hamburger - a real step up from McDonald's.

• Visited July 2014

Newark, California
“Service was ecellent and the food was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Every Sunday my sweetie and I go out to eat. This week we went to not-faraway (for us) Cafe Esin. We went there for Easter dinner (which was okay).

Bret, the waitperson, was great. Unfortunately, the eggplant sandwich that I ordered failed to appeal to my taste buds, though my sweetie said that the steak frites with french fries and salad he ordered was okay. Both Brett and the manager offered me another choice.

For dessert we split a piece of lemon meringue tart with gingerbread crust. Sweet Bret brought the dessert already split and on two plates. My sweetie ate most of his half while I refused to eat the chemical-tasting dessert. Bret did offer to bring me another choice and I refused (because I did order it). We paid and left. We most likely will not return (unless I forget). I do not recommend that you go to this restaurant unless you're up for it. It could be different for you.

• Visited August 2014
Danville, California
“Review based on four visits”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Was invited to cafe Esin last night by friends. Although I had been previously disappointed in this place, we agreed. The food was consistently boring. The word boring is actually a complement. For appetizer, we got a pizza, totally out of scale. It was so called flat bread with figs. But there were no fresh figs to be seen, it was actually jam like spread with some aromatic lettuce leaves. To spare my friends financial injury on top of bad food, I ordered the cheapest item, chicken in puff pastry ($19.95). It came with a pearl couscous with a watery and what seemed like uncooked or perhaps from a tin red tomato sauce with taste lacking in all delicacy. The puff pastry was half cooked and cut in half so the chicken was dry. Of course, I did not finish.For dessert, after a good deal of pushing by the waitress, we got the brownie. Lousy again. Horrendously sugary with vanilla ice cream. Just awful. Smores would have tasted less sweet.
I always check restaurants on trip adviser before going out in other cities, so I am very disappointed with this boring, average restaurant rate so high. Each and every time I have gone there (4), the food has been tasteless, poorly cooked and overpriced.

It is basically a neighborhood restaurant with pretense of fine dining.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Charan L
Suwanee, Georgia
“Excellent choice in the San Ramon area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food, ambiance and service were all excellent.very attentive wait staff. Great fresh fish with a nice Wllamette Valley Pinot Noir!

Visited June 2014
Kailua, Hawaii
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had dinner at Esin to celebrate my son's graduation. My son & his gf have been to Esin numerous times before & really like eating here. It's a beautiful restaurant...not too fancy but very nice classy. Prices are reasonable & food & service was great.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kaimom

Been to Esin Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!