“We were a large group”
Review of Basil Leaf

Basil Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
Basil Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 146 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were all together for a family emergency, and wanted to eat out. Our host chose this fine
restaurant. Every one was pleased, it was nice, quiet enough, plenty of attention to us and the lobster ravioli was out of this world.
Very nice place.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We've gone to the Basil Leaf six or eight times in the past two years. It's always good. This location is thirty minute drive from our home and past several fine food locations but it's worth the drive on occasion. Our most recent visit was exceptional. We were there for lunch but about 2 PM. We had a quiet well-paced feast. We shared a house salad that was inventive. My entree choice was linguini with clams. It was served with their own white wine sauce. I have lactose intolerance and our waiter was prepared to tell me what went into the white sauce. It was loaded with clams. My wife had salmon added to her pasta choice and it was a bargain!

Desert was lemon cheesecake with blackberry swizzle.

Parking is easy. The entrance from the parking lot is level-handicap friendly. The interior setting is attractive but the neighborhood is suburbia.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The daily, house salad specials are culinary works of art! No one has better salads in Danville - period. Fresh seafood & pasta's are always good. The service is friendly, the decor is beautiful & refined & the wine list is very, very good! Enjoy a "locals" secret!

1  Thank Mrmojo58
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was visiting my mom in Danville, CA (as I am from Durango, CO) and also was able to meet with my brother and his family at the BASIL LEAF. They were very accommodating with our family of 5 and we got a lovely table on the patio. The waiter was a familiar face to my sister-in-law and we did have great service... he even took several photos of us... thank you. The meal was delicious, and such good portions - there were left-overs. They do have buffet hours and then menu hours, you may want to check the times depending on the day.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

A cute little restaurant in downtown Danville. Looks like the place used to be an older home with a porch out front. Cute place, but just a so-so brunch. Their menu says "selection of breakfast breads", but all that was available was pre-frozen mini banana muffins, mini apple turnovers and some type of chocolate sheet cake. There weren't even any bagels. The made-to-order omelet bar and fresh waffle station were nice though. The hot pasta entrees were not very appetizing so we skipped those. For $20 per person it's just a simple brunch, nothing outstanding. The regular menu looked better and I think I'd like to try this place for lunch sometime.