“Nice outdoor dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blackhawk Grille

Blackhawk Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackhawk Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crow Canyon & Camino Tassajara
Italy
“Nice outdoor dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Blackhawk Grille offers a concise selection of American cuisine. I would suggest asking for a table on the bridge if you want a more quiet setting. Our waiter was great, even though he had way TOO many tables. He was very knowledgeable on the wine list and kept us from ordering something which would have been returned. The special of the evening was the Hawaiian Opah served with a risotto. The dish was good, but the fish was a little burned where is was on the grill. The desert was a pineapple upside-down cake and was GOOD!! In all, this is not a fancy place, but the food is good and the service was also.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mis_Adventurous

Colorado
“Beatiful Outdoor Patio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I lived in the Danville area for over 20 years and loved going to the Grille for a good meal and drinks. They've recently remodeled and now have a large bar area and the menu has been updated. They have a good wine selection and the cocktails are always perfect. Every time I go back to visit friends now, we always meet up here for lunch or dinner. On my recent visit back, I had lunch with 3 of my long-time girlfriends. It was a perfect day to sit out on the patio under a shade umbrella and catch up, enjoy the beautiful view of the water, feed the ducks, and enjoy our meal and cocktails. I had the steak iceberg wedge; the steak was prepared just as I had asked, and it was a fresh, good-sized salad. Our server Connor was on top of things and took good care of us. We shared a fudge brownie sundae for dessert that was delicious. One of my favorite items on the menu is the grilled artichokes, which I didn't have this time. Guess I'll have to go back!

• Visited July 2014
Danville, California
“Excellent fish and beef - DON'T order the salads”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Ate here with 5 friends on Friday night. I made reservations online for 4 people – then another couple decided to join so I called the restaurant and they were able to seat our party. The restaurant was only about 2/3 full. Since they redid their menu I love this place. Instead of bread they start you off with a big basket of homemade potato chips. Wow. They are great!!!! Not diet food. SO SO good. One person ordered the chicken picata. She said that it was good – but a little overcooked (dry). Another ordered the burger and it was excellent – and the best value on the menu for sure (I think it was $11, is huge, and came with skinny fries). I have had the burger here before and it IS great. My husband ordered the steak frites ($22) and he said that it was excellent. I had a taste of the meat and it was delicious (see picture). The fries are a little too skinny for me – but they were cooked well. I had the fish special. It was expensive: $32. Halibut with a reduction sauce (some kind of port or wine), on top of crispy polenta and krispy kale. It was over the top fantastic, and huge (see picture). I took half home. I could have shared it I had ordered a starter. CAUTION: do not order the salad … two people ordered the salads and they were not good: the chopped salad looked like it came from Olive Garden, was not really chopped, and he had to hunt to find the bacon. Did not look appealing at all. His wife ordered the grilled ahi salad and she did not even eat it – said that it tasted bad, but she did not return it. We ordered 2 bottles of wine and they have a reasonable selection – got a tasty malbec from Argentina for $30/bottle. Service was good. I would return here any day (but not get the salad!).

• Visited June 2014
Fresno, CA, USA
“Nice food but not a 10”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Recently we went to the Blackhawk Grille in Danville, CA. Is it good yes! Was the service excellent? Yes. Was it the best casual meal I've ever had? Nope. A little over priced but that's what you get in Blackhawk any day of the year. The have some interesting menu items along with a killer kids menu. My granddaughter loves their sliders because she gets a big bowl of ice cream for desert. The bar is very nice a bit on the loud side and their wine selection is just fine. The real question is will I go back? Sure. Will I be wowed? I doubt it but after 5 or 6 times eating at the restaurant, there must be something I like or else why would I keep coming back? Give it a try. Prove me wrong.

• Visited June 2014
Alamo, California
“Disappointed in the Blackhawk Grill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The service was good, but the food definitely mediocre. We will not be going back when there are other restaurants in the area that are much better.

Visited May 2014