“Very Nice”

Bridges Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bridges Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 145 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$21 - US$31
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hartz Ave.
Description: California America with European/Asian influenced cuisine served in a casual~elegant setting.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We dined at Bridges as part of a tour group, so I cannot comment on the prices as it was included in our tour package. I can say that the food and service was very good starting with the potato leek soup. The grilled flat iron steak was excellent and my husband enjoyed the coffee barbecue chicken. The chocolate flourless cake was wonderful.
I thought the service was good for a group of 40, however a few people mentioned that they did not get the coffee that they requested.
Overall it was a very pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

dinner for two June 30, 2014. Sat outside and the weather was perfect. Service was also great. I had Mexican Prawns in a curry sauce - apparently one of the Chef's specialties. It was amazing. The prawns were perfectly cooked and the curry delicious but not heavy and the noodle cakes added a nice crunchy piece to it. my wife had the lamb shank and also really enjoyed that. we highly recommend Bridges, especially the patio when the weather is nice.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

It is a OK restaurant. The place is nice and service is Ok, they don't really want to know you. and the food is average. It means after the meal you won't miss it or really want to go back again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We hadn't been to Bridges for years and just decided to give it a try again, after so long. We were grateful for their courtesy valet parking, as otherwise, I fear we'd still be looking for a place! We'd reserved for the patio, but then, upon seeing that the temperature was due to plunge, we called to change it to the inside, which they graciously executed. We arrived to a nice table for four, against the wall...it felt very private, in spite of nearly every seat in the house being occupied!

Our waiter was Sean and we were all very impressed by his easy, affable manner...he took time to speak with us and yet was spot on for everything we needed. We all decided to have the prix fixe dinner Bridges offers Sunday through Wednesday...two of us had the chicken, one the salmon and one the steak. They also offer a vegetarian risotto selection, for those wanting that. Our dinners included a soup or salad, a main and dessert for $29...we felt it a good value for the dollar.

The chicken was delicious...moist and flavorful, with coffee bbq sauce (although I didn't really taste the coffee). The report on the salmon was that it was a little dry and the person who had the steak really enjoyed it. We all had a very good pear, walnut salad and for dessert, we had a flourless chocolate cake and a creme brulee...both were good...maybe not great, but certainly very good.

Our only real complaint was the noise level, although it seems that's hard to avoid. We could have done without the music on the patio, which by the time it reached us, was more a garbled noise than anything tuneful.

All in all, we felt it was a nice dining experience for a good price and will return. Our server, Sean, contributed greatly to our evening's enjoyment and I'd hope that he was an indication of the kind of waitstaff they look for. All four of us agreed that it was a very good evening!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I haven't been back to this place in 15 years...Now I remember WHY. "Happy Hour" doesn't commence until 5:30 (really?!) Drink selection in regard to wine? Very poor for supposedly, this landmark restaurant ("Mrs. Doubtfire" sequence filmed here years ago) The patio dining area is the nicest part of the restaurant. The service is very good. Problem with the "valet" parking as I parked early and was "blocked" intentionally upon leaving a queried as to which restaurant I was dining at? This place is sooooooooooooooo over-rated and further? A real disappointment as far as nice Northern California restaurants go. Won't be back (oh yeah, overpriced as well)