“july 4th limited menu”

Incontro Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Incontro Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 145 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$13 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Diablo Rd.
Reviewed 6 July 2013

we went with a group and had made reservations unaware that they would have a limited menu instead of their regular menu. we were not informed of this when the reservations were made and of course have no idea when incontro made this decision or if they normally have this limited menu for certain days. needless to say we were disappointed but certainly will try incontro another time. the restaurant setting is wonderful as many homes-turned-restaurants are excellently laid out. the service was attentive and our water glasses were filled without asking though soda refill requests were needed. the Arancini (fried rice balls) were interesting. I had never had them and I was expecting the rice to be compacted more. the Arancini was pleasant but not necessarily worth the price. the cesare salad was simple, the vegetation was crisp and cold. the dressing was mild, some would prefer more punch to it. the crostini was a nice touch to the salad. an option of anchovies would have been nice. did note the lack of the wait staff offering parmesan or ground pepper. the bread on the table was too dense for my liking. the Vitella (veal) Piccata was very good with a generous amount of veal along with the tang of the capers. would have preferred the veal not be placed on top of the spinach covered mash potatoes. nothing special with the spinach or mashed potatoes. the Lasagne was excellent, smooth and flavorful. the Risotto Special (with shrimp) was very tasty but everything was the same orange color. They would have done better with a sprinkle of some contrasting color even a sprinkle of cilantro or something. the Pappardele Pesto got a thumbs up from its consumer. the salmon was enjoyed by its diner but was not outstanding otherwise. Overall of all the entrees that we had the Lasagne was the standout but I would anticipate more standouts from their regular menu. Til that next time.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Delicious food (especially the lasagne), relaxing ambiance, and friendly, efficient service. (The owner greets everyone, and is a kick.) This is our go-to weeknight restaurant.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I would have given Incontro a much higher rating (their food is indeed very good) if their service was consistent. Instead, it's rather undependable. During one business lunch, where we were only one of a few tables with customers, the waiter had to be flagged down multiple times. When he was available, he was attentive. When he disappeared for great periods at a time - it was rather annoying.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Dined here for the first time last night and felt like we were back in Europe on vacation again. The patio seating area with the fire pit and heated lamps provides a great space for enjoying a meal. You can watch people walk by since it is on Danville's main street, which adds to the European feel, yet this area still manages to maintain enough seclusion to be comfortable. Plus, there aren't a ton of people on the street in Danville, so it's not like you're out in a crowd. Having an Italian waiter naturally contributed to the feeling of being back on vacation. He was knowledgeable about the plates we chose. When we asked him if certain items were good, he gave his opinion, which we appreciated since most servers will just tell us what is "popular". Salad of arugula & grilled corn with shaved cheese was good and pretty substantial, but we thought slightly overpriced. Husband chose the lasagna. It was the best we've ever tasted, and yes, we've been to Italy. I ordered gnocchi, which our server promised he would replace if I didn't like it. He didn't have to because it was delicious. Finished with a panettone bread pudding. Desserts, like the salads, seemed a tad pricey, but happily, It was creamy and so scrumptious. I really liked it even though I'm a chocoholic. Everyone who works there took an interest in making sure we had a really good dining experience. We'll be back--soon, I hope.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The food was excellent, the atmosphere charming, and the service first rate. My wife and I both had the halibut special, which was really fresh and perfectly roasted. The sliced tomatoes with balsamic reduction that accompanied the halibut was quite good. My spinach salad was very nicely prepared with the addition of sliced avocado and roasted bell pepper. The only thing I would change is to serve more California wines, although it's hard to quarrel with an Italian restaurant serving mainly Italian wines.

Incontro's patio is very nice when the weather is warm enough, although there are a number of propane heaters for cooler weather. In my opinion, Incontro is one of the best restaurants on Hartz Avenue.