“Service was even better than great food”
Review of Uncle Wang's Restaurant - CLOSED

Uncle Wang's Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stopped in for a late dinner and were delighted to be warmly welcomed. We ordered an appetizer and beer, then took our time reviewing the menu before ordering dinner. The waitress would check on us, but no pressure to hurry! Great selection and food.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We go to this place everytime we get Chinese food. Ask for the seafood salad, not on the menu but amazing!

Reviewed 7 March 2009

This is a mixed bag as the food is excellent, but the atmosphere leaves much to desire. It is a bit hard to find, being at the end of the strip and signs are not well placed. Inside, it is a bit dreary, but when you taste the food, it more than makes up for the decor (or lack of). I would recommend putting this on the short list for Chinese take-out. If the mood is important, try another restaurant.

Reviewed 13 November 2008

As a regular customer of Uncle Wangs, there are a few things I'd like to comment. The owners are very polite and friendly people along with the various staff. The food is impeccable, they happen to use all natural ingredients and no MSG. The Hot and Sour soup is the best I've had anywhere, as it is not stocked with soy and other hideous attributes other chinese restaurants use. They use majority of family or true Chinese recipes, all of which are very tasty and not so salty and unhealthy as other places. It is friendly to vegetarians and any suggestions. Very calming on the inside too, with beautiful decorations and music galore. In all the 50's states, let alone California itself as Chinese food being my favorite for a long time, Uncle Wangs truly beats all.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Danville, California
Reviewed 12 April 2008

This little gem is right around the corner from us. The couple who own it are the sweetest people, and I have yet to find a dish that I don't like. Even the ones that aren't my taste are HELLA good. Check it out, but my favorite thing is that it's never crouded. So, don't blow it up.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook