“Great Food (to go)”

Cuisines: Chinese
Danville, CA
“Great Food (to go)”
Reviewed 7 March 2009

This is a mixed bag as the food is excellent, but the atmosphere leaves much to desire. It is a bit hard to find, being at the end of the strip and signs are not well placed. Inside, it is a bit dreary, but when you taste the food, it more than makes up for the decor (or lack of). I would recommend putting this on the short list for Chinese take-out. If the mood is important, try another restaurant.

danville, ca
“Best Chinese food in California”
Reviewed 13 November 2008

As a regular customer of Uncle Wangs, there are a few things I'd like to comment. The owners are very polite and friendly people along with the various staff. The food is impeccable, they happen to use all natural ingredients and no MSG. The Hot and Sour soup is the best I've had anywhere, as it is not stocked with soy and other hideous attributes other chinese restaurants use. They use majority of family or true Chinese recipes, all of which are very tasty and not so salty and unhealthy as other places. It is friendly to vegetarians and any suggestions. Very calming on the inside too, with beautiful decorations and music galore. In all the 50's states, let alone California itself as Chinese food being my favorite for a long time, Uncle Wangs truly beats all.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This little gem is right...”
Reviewed 12 April 2008

This little gem is right around the corner from us. The couple who own it are the sweetest people, and I have yet to find a dish that I don't like. Even the ones that aren't my taste are HELLA good. Check it out, but my favorite thing is that it's never crouded. So, don't blow it up.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Danville CA
“Incredible Food makes me a loyal customer”
Reviewed 15 July 2007

Not only will you enjoy the food provided on the menu at this hidden away Asian gold mine, but you will be begging for more! Staff is gracious and accomidating, which makes up for the drab style inside the restaurant. Get it to go and your kids will be in 7th heaven!

Alamo, CA
“Fabulous sauces”
Reviewed 23 May 2007

My husband and I have been going to Uncle Wang's since it opened, I'm guessing about ten years ago. They're a best-kept secret in Danville, with great food, including excellent sauces. Prices are very reasonable and we like the service and atmosphere. M.T., Alamo, CA