“Another fine option for Danville”

Revel Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Revel Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Walnut Creek, California
“Another fine option for Danville”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First time visit to Revel on a Tuesday night, needed the reservations as it was packed!
This is the former "Crown" site, and they have completely remodeled with a new contemporary interior. Sat in the front booth for 5, a good spot to observe the crowd.
Tables along the side hallway did not look appealing, but the outdoor tables in back did however!

As the sister restaurant to Esin, we found the food delightful but at a lower price point than Esin. The Bruschetta appetizer was wonderful. The Short Ribs, Flat Iron Steak and Grilled Chicken were all very filling and very good, but the Tuesday night special Seafood Paella was the big winner. Service was a little slow for our liking (just getting our order in) but very professional still.

The place was packed on a Tuesday night, so expect crowds and noise.
But would definitely go back, a very good meal!

I would recommend this to a friend.

Los Angeles, California
“Great food, amazing beverage list and wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Where do I begin, the vibe of Revel is so refreshing- a breath of fresh air in the East Bay. They've managed to capture the essence of a classic, upscale, San Fransisco-like pub and incorporate the charm of downtown Danville. The food is phenomenal- I would eat there every day if I lived in the area. Their cocktails are unique and inventive. They offer a '50 under $50' wine list of tastefully selected wines. Dessert was probably the best choice I'll make all year. All the staff seemed friendly and professional and it's clear that this is a top-notch establishment.

• Visited May 2014
San Francisco, California
“A Bevy of Babes”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and friends really enjoyed the food but I think they liked the people watching best. Seated at the back along the narrow “bowling alley” stretch near the bathroom, a constant parade of beautiful women dressed to the nines frequented the facilities.
The conversation revolved around the fashion show. The delicious small plates they sampled included the octopus, bruschetta, and veal meatballs. There is sidewalk dining for those who want to see and be seen as well as a back outdoor patio. Lively and loud near the bar, quieter outside. We have another reservation already for an upcoming dinner.

1 Thank StarLady99
Walnut Creek, California
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went to this new restaurant that I had heard about from my girlfriend. 4 of us had cocktails and a couple beers. They had a eclectic mix of draft beers. Several I hadn't heard of before. I had arrogant ale which was great. We had a grass fed burger, rabbit pasta, & ahi tartar. All were great. I was so happy to find a SF style restaurant in the burbs.

Carmel, California
“Good for drinks, not for food or conversation”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been long-term fans of Curtis and Esin deCarion but were really disappointed in their new downtown Danville restaurant, Revel. We waited a couple of months so the kinks could be worked out so that shouldn't have affected their ability to deal with my food allergy. All the chef could come up with was bread, cheese, or dessert from an obviously limited menu. Our waiter was very helpful but embarrassed that they couldn't accommodate us. We enjoyed our (comped) cocktails but found it difficult to have a conversation as the noise level was so high. We will probably not return.