“Our new favorite place!”

Revel Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Revel Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 146 Restaurants in Danville
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is the second trip to Revel and it just gets better. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and I am happy to see more places like this coming into Danville! The staff is friendly and so helpful...now on to the food. The first time we weren't really eating full meals and decided to split a couple of things: deviled eggs, shrimp and grits and the short rib. Everything was amazing and we cleaned the plates! The only thing I would say is a negative was the price on the shrimp and grits...it seemed high for what we were served. There were 4 nice shrimp, but I am a carb lover and I would have loved a more generous serving of the grits.
Our second experience at Revel was even better. We love the beer selection on draft but were unsure and our very helpful server provided us samples of a few we were interested in. Smart! We split the kale salad and it was delicious! Everything mixed together so well...we cleaned the plate! I had eyed the lobster slider on the last trip and new that is what I wanted. It was amazing. The bread was perfectly toasted and the avocado mouse was so tasty. I also loved the slaw served with it, it had lime and cilantro and very fresh tasting salad. It was served in a very little cup, I could have had more! It was served with potato chips, but those were just okay, I would have liked it to come with fries. I didn't end up eating the chips because they were just ok. My husband ordered the special on Monday, the fried chicken. I had many tastings from his plate, everything was delicious. That would get me back there any Monday night!! We ended with dessert of beignets. This were light and tasty and a nice end to the dinner. If I had any advice to give I would like to see more sparkling wines by the glass. Again our server was amazing and allowed us to taste test what was available. We live in the area and plan to become regulars!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First time visit to Revel on a Tuesday night, needed the reservations as it was packed!
This is the former "Crown" site, and they have completely remodeled with a new contemporary interior. Sat in the front booth for 5, a good spot to observe the crowd.
Tables along the side hallway did not look appealing, but the outdoor tables in back did however!

As the sister restaurant to Esin, we found the food delightful but at a lower price point than Esin. The Bruschetta appetizer was wonderful. The Short Ribs, Flat Iron Steak and Grilled Chicken were all very filling and very good, but the Tuesday night special Seafood Paella was the big winner. Service was a little slow for our liking (just getting our order in) but very professional still.

The place was packed on a Tuesday night, so expect crowds and noise.
But would definitely go back, a very good meal!

I would recommend this to a friend.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Where do I begin, the vibe of Revel is so refreshing- a breath of fresh air in the East Bay. They've managed to capture the essence of a classic, upscale, San Fransisco-like pub and incorporate the charm of downtown Danville. The food is phenomenal- I would eat there every day if I lived in the area. Their cocktails are unique and inventive. They offer a '50 under $50' wine list of tastefully selected wines. Dessert was probably the best choice I'll make all year. All the staff seemed friendly and professional and it's clear that this is a top-notch establishment.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and friends really enjoyed the food but I think they liked the people watching best. Seated at the back along the narrow “bowling alley” stretch near the bathroom, a constant parade of beautiful women dressed to the nines frequented the facilities.
The conversation revolved around the fashion show. The delicious small plates they sampled included the octopus, bruschetta, and veal meatballs. There is sidewalk dining for those who want to see and be seen as well as a back outdoor patio. Lively and loud near the bar, quieter outside. We have another reservation already for an upcoming dinner.

1  Thank StarLady99
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went to this new restaurant that I had heard about from my girlfriend. 4 of us had cocktails and a couple beers. They had a eclectic mix of draft beers. Several I hadn't heard of before. I had arrogant ale which was great. We had a grass fed burger, rabbit pasta, & ahi tartar. All were great. I was so happy to find a SF style restaurant in the burbs.