“Problem at Oar”

Oar Steak & Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Oar Steak & Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 130 Restaurants in Patchogue
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mulford
“Problem at Oar”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

First they would not honor a gift card I received 2 years ago for $75 because they said they discarded the machine. Manager was rude and wouldn't budge. My wife had seafood thT included clams and mussels. I didn't like the way it smelled but she ate it anyway and was violently sick for two days. Won't be going back and will throw out the 2 gift cards.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank John C

dunedin, florida, usa
“Good food, atmosphere and service”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is one of our favorite summer restaurants and is located right on the Patchogue River south of the village. The cocktails are satisfying and the food is consistently good even if it is a bit pricy. Of course that is to be expected in a restaurant with this atmosphere in the summer. As is always the case, you get what you are willing to pay for. Parking can be a problem as the lot is rather small but it always seems to work out.

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Business Dinner”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

When we arrived the bar was full of people on a Tuesday night, however, the remaining part of the restaurant was about 1/2 full. Looked like they were only using one of two dining areas. The appetizers were good; martinis were okay but nothing special as were their mixed drinks. I had the sea bass which was very good and well cooked. The mashed potatoes that come with it were good as well. I don't care for their salad they bring out with everyone’s dinner but that's my opinion. The vinaigrette is too oniony for me. The waitress was nice and very attentive to our table as well. We did not have dessert but the samples they were carrying around looked very good. Overall, great place to dine.

• Visited December 2013
Blue Point, New York
“amazing”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

this restaurant has amazing food, service, and atmosphere.
I traveled throughout my career and have eaten at the best restaurants in NYC and other states and this place really stands out to me and my family.

I can't wait to eat there again, there sea bass and porterhouse steak was excellent!!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
“Great Place”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We came in from Chicago to visit family and friends and needed a central place to get together. We had 6 adults and 5 kids between 6 months and 3 yrs, they gave us a semi private "outdoor room right on the water. The kids could play and we could enjoy the beautiful sunset. the food and giant margaritas were great too. The staff was fantastic.

• Visited August 2013