“fresh and tasty food, friendly staff”

Hovan Gourmet Mediterranean
Ranked #299 of 2,013 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Titusville, FL
“fresh and tasty food, friendly staff”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My mom and I stopped here for an early dinner during a day trip to Jacksonville. It is nothing fancy - the decor is simple, the food is served fast-food style (not formal sit-down), and the menu is basic Mediterranean fare. But the food tastes SO good. Everything is super fresh and loaded with flavor. The tomatoes taste like they were grown locally and never had to get sprayed with that stuff that goes on supermarket tomatoes. The hummus is terrific - it's got a great little kick from the lemon juice, not too much, just right. And the meat, veggies, and pita bread are all fresh and delicious. My mom and I stuffed our faces like we hadn't eaten all day, and we were very disappointed when we were finally too full to eat any more. The prices are small and the portions are large, and the manager and staff were all friendly. We will definitely go here again the next time we go to Jacksonville.

• Visited February 2013

Georgia
“Love their Hovan Rolls”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I discovered Hovan Rolls in Atlanta at Lenox Mall back in the late 80's-early 90's. I have been a fan ever since. However, they don't have any restaurants close to me so when I saw that Jacksonville has a Hovan Mediterranean restaurant I was so excited. This one will not disappoint. You must try the Vegetarian Hovan Roll. I've tried to recreate this at home but it's just not the same. Staff/owners are very nice here. The area is nice too - funky little shops to visit.

• Visited October 2012
Florida, USA
“Really good humus”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Great place for gyros and humus. All the food that I have gotten from them has been really good. Nice little sitting space out front to eat and people watch.

• Visited July 2012
Florida
“Casual and Authentic”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

A little gem at the intersection of Five Points. Great food, great personal service.

Visited April 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“No way no how, especially in a town with good Middle Eastern”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I consider myself somewhat of a Middle Eastern aficionado. This place just doesn't do it for me. It'll work if you're in the area and need a quick fix.The reason I give it two stars is because the food is passable. It's not downright awful...it's just mediocre. The hummus is missing something...a little too acrid, for me. The stuffed grape leaves taste canned, not fresh, and are also a little too acrid. The tzatziki doesn't taste homemade, nor does the gyro meat. I'd go back if I was starving and in the mood for Middle Eastern, but I don't recommend this place.

Visited February 2012