“what a great Find!”

The Bearded Pig BBQ
Ranked #11 of 2,191 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Stopped on the way back to south Fl. Found the restaurant on Tripadvisor. So happy to say they did not stear me wrong. The wings were amazing. The ribs are perfect. Ended up bringing $50 worth of food back to the family. Can't wait to stop there on my next trip up north.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We tried this restaurant at the recommendation of a friend. He claimed it had the best BBQ ever. The location is not the best to get in and out of....and don't even get me started on the parking situation. Being a new customer, we entered and there wasn't a hostess, so it took us a few minutes to figure out that we needed to go all the way to the back of the restaurant to place our order. The gal that took our order was pleasant, she gave us our number and said to take a seat - so we did. A few minutes later, another gal brings us our beers and lectures us on not picking our beers at the bar. Seriously, how were we suppose to know that? Our meal (pulled pork & brisket) arrived quickly and the portions were generous. The flavor was good, but definitely not the best BBQ I've had and certainly not worth what we paid for. Needless to say, been there done that......no need to go back.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Jacksonville is known for its barbecue, and this is hands-down the best in town. They found a way to make traditional BBQ with flair. Everything had much more flavor than traditional barbecue and tasted like your totally hip and trendy grandma made it. It's super casual and friendly, with fast service (expect a long line on a weekend evening). They also offer a great local beer selection. Have fun!

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Causal-chic restaurant and attitude that let’s it’s food do the talking. The bartender told me they are known for their brisket and pork; I ordered the former and I can see why now. Portions are fairly priced and the array of sauces pair with the meat well. However, at least in the case of the brisket, sauce isn’t needed because it is that delicious on its own. I look forward to making my return and sampling the rest of the menu. Only con was I wasn’t too impressed by the cookies - you get three big ones for $2 but they are so thin that there isn’t much too ‘em.

1  Thank Iceberq11
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Fantastic BBQ. I love brisket, but am typically not one to jump to try it at different places--it's either going to be awesome or disgusting and I usually cringe to subject myself to the gamble. I cringed, but got it. They know how to make it! The brisket was awesome, the sauces were too, the sides, and we sat outside in the back. It's like a little picnic area, some covered and one or two not. The ones not covered are in a grassy area big enough to let your kids play in. All surrounded by fencing covered in chalkboard and whatever the staff has drawn on it... can't remember if they allow patrons to participate though. I definitely recommend for everyone.

1  Thank annacorbin13