“Clean hotel, convenient location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee
Ranked #47 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The hotel was clean and the staff are friendly, and there are several restaurants near the hotel for a quick bite. We have stayed there the past few years driving through to southern Florida, they allow pets!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam R

Reviewed 3 December 2012

This hotel is at an exit west of 295 that has been recently re-constructed. There are a number of new hotels in the area and all provide easy access to I-10. I have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past. The staff is friendly and helpful and the value is moderate. They used to have a hotel store where you can pick up a number of sundries and pay cash for them or charge them to your room. I prefer this as I travel on expense account and this reduces the amount of paperwork I have to do monthly. However, this last time I went, they had placed vending machines in the place where the store used to be.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Business_Traveler678
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to west palm beach. The hotel was about five miles off I-95 South. We chose this hotel because they only charge 5,000 points for a free room with the holiday inn points club. Hotel and pool where clean and nice. The breakfeast was the typical hot breakfeast with egg, sausage, bagels, waffels, etc. The only negative was the $30.00 a night pet fee.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacqulyne B
Reviewed 1 June 2012

loved our stay here. the hubby was working here for over a week, so me & the kids tagged along for a jacksonville, fl vacation. breakfast was average, but free! housekeeping was very nice & did their job well. loved staying here, very clean hotel, and anything we needed, they helped us get it! definitely coming back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany D
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I booked a room in this hotel for 4 nights (May 19-23, 2012) with my sister and brother-in-law to attend the funeral services of a relative. The location of this shotel is ideal due to accessibility from the freeway and proximity to the church where the wakes and services were held. We checked in late 7PM on the first day/night of May 19th and nothing happened. It was on the second day/night (May 20) that theft happened when a pair of shoes were stolen from our room. The room wasn't cleaned that day and privacy sign was up so no one was supposed to be in the room. Also we told the cleaner we met in the hallway not to clean our room that morning. We came back to our room late afternoon to change and left again after 5PM for the wake service and never came back until around 11PM that night. It was the next morning we discovered that the shoes were missing. The missing pair were not brand new slightly used. There were other newer pairs of shoes next to it but the thief took a particular liking to that pair of shoes. She or he must have been eyeing them earlier. We reported this theft to the front desk at 2 separate times. On the first time, the lady wrote it down in their logbook. On the second time we reported, we were already checking out from the hotel the morning of May 23rd. The front desk lady promised to report to their Management somewhere. I would like to warn future guests of this hotel to watch out not just their valuables but also their shoes. I wonder if there were other similar incidents in the past in that hotel that we never knew or warned. Thanks for reading.
NNB

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NBaker60950
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear NBaker60950,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have enjoyed my stay in this hotel quite a few times this spring. I work for a company called Machinex and I want to congratulate Jennifer for her quick and timely response as customer service rep to my team of co-workers and I.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Startup2121
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Excellent place to stay; good location and very clean place. Entire staff was courteous and helpful; manager's reception was good touch - great food. Cracker Barrel is within walking distance. Will stay here when traveling in area again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple