“Thank you Sharon :)”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee
Ranked #47 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This location provided a very relaxing and restful night. Sharon, the morning breakfast hostess, was the person that made our visit. Everyone was polite and helpful, but her efforts to create an enjoyable start to our day was above and beyond. Sharon, Thank you again for your time and efforts this morning!! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 May 2013

This was our second time staying here and once again it was wonderful. Management is good, the hotel is always clean and the rooms very comfortable. Rates arte very competitive with surrounding properties. Beds are comfortable. The Wednesday night manager's reception provides a very nice meal with wine/beer etc. The daily breakfast is first rate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have been here for 2 months now & looking at another month due to a housefire. The staff, ALL of the front desk personnel, namely Jennifer & Sheila, among others have made my stay here so pleasant under the circumstances of why I am here. Very friendly, always helpful. The breakfast staff always have a friendly smile & good morning & the housekeeping as well. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2013

my daughter and I arrive late after driving in a terrific rainstorm we were so pleased to meet the assistant manager on duty that night I can't remember her name but she was so helpful and just made our stay wonderful the room was fantastic and um I couldn't expect anything else thank you so much

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Spent a weekend at this hotel to attend some concerts. The room was well decorated and the hotel is clean. The Holiday Inn Express hotels is one of my favorite hotels to stay for work; however, I do find the walls to be thin, but this was not the case at this location. I can honestly say I did not hear any noise from other rooms or the nearby highway (I-10). There is a Cracker Barrell Restaurant within walking distances, as well as, other local restaurants. The location is convenient to I-10 and about a 10 to 15 minute ride to downtown Jacksonville.

Room Tip: I chose a room on the top floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I won't go into elaborate detail about the glitch we encountered but I am very thankful for a gracious manager, Kathy Jones, for turning our stay at Holiday Inn Express into a positive experience. Up until we encountered the problem at checkout that was later resolved, our stay at Holiday Inn Express Chaffee was comfortable, convenient and relaxing. It is a rare event for me to get away from home and the peaceful rest was much needed. All of the areas of the hotel were spotless and well maintained and the staff were friendly and helpful. I plan to visit Jacksonville frequently in the future and will definitely choose this hotel again. Many thanks to Kathy for going above and beyond in making things more than right.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel is located in a very pleasant and quiet area just off I-10 that is easy to access. Within walking distance are several restaurants and a small shopping center.

The hotel itself appears to be relatively new and everything is immaculate. The rooms are both quiet and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A nice surprise was that the night we were there, they offered a free evening meal in the breakfast area that included beef stew and cornbread -- just the type of comfort food you might eat at home. (We were told they do this on Wed.) Also provided were dessert and beverages including free beer or wine.

The typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast was efficiently provided in a pleasant and comfortable setting. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family