“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #85 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I actually have been in Jacksonville, for work for the past few months. I tried the Quality Inn and the Microtel before I came to Value Place on Merrill rd. The rooms were bigger than both pricier hotels, for less money a month. The place is kept extremely clean, they have a large laundry facility, and are located in a quiet area, yet the local grocery store is less than a half of a mile away. The service at the front desk is the best part because I have been here two months and have seen people stay for one week and they treat us all with the same hospitable compassion. The other plus is that they run a sex offender background check on their guest and when my sister in law who is 14 came for a 2 week visit for the summer it was a relief to know that she was in a place that actually made an effort to help keep her protected. I would recommend Value Place on Merrill rd. to everyone who is looking for a relaxing stress free place to stay. Buffie, from Norfolk, Va.

Room Tip: The rooms are extra large with a good size bathroom, and kitchen with full refrigerator.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank buffie H
HMacGillis, Owner at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Buffie - We really appreciate your review and your staying with us. Keeping our guests safe and confortable is our main goal and background checks is one of the ways we make sure you and the other guests are safe and secure. We thank you for all the refferals and thank you for your comments.

Value Place Jacksonville at 9A and Merrill Rd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My partner and I were waiting for our house to close and needed a short term lease. When we heard about Value Place we went to the website and thought it was perfect for us. The grounds are clean and well lite and the checkin went smoothly. The room was fine ( very clean except for the towels they were dingy and really scratchy). The next day my key wouldn't work so I told the woman at the front desk and her attitude was as if I did something wrong. She gave me all the reasons why my key doesn't work. Frankly, i don't care just give me the key, if keys have a magnetic problem then explain that in the volume of paperwork you are required to fill out when you check in.
The next week my husband went to pay the rent for the following week and there was a line at the counter. My husband over heard this woman behind the desk literally yelling at a guest!! Feeling alittle uncomfortable he started to head for the door and was almost attacked by this woman when she asked him point blank" who are you and where are you going?" He said that he was a guest at the hotel and was waiting to pay his rent and that he would be back later. She told him the rent was "due now". He paid his rent and told her " that perhaps she should lighten up alittle" . A minor argument started between her and my husband... needless to say we checked out within the next few days after finding another short term stay hotel. We later found out that this woman was the hotel Manager!! Even though we lost our money for the extra week it was worth it for peace of mind. I think the idea of short term stay is great, but this company needs to look at the management of this place and ask themselves...is this anyway to treat a PAYING GUEST??

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gretanyc10021
Kirk H, Owner at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
We listen to our guest and we made significant management changes. The property is in great shape and we are getting our former guests back. Please give us another look - we assure that you will be pleased.
jacksonville
Reviewed 11 October 2010

change your staff,one lady in particular who works the day shift and get off at 6pm. plus your hidden fees!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business