“A very good extended stay property”

WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East
Ranked #92 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is a very nice property,with long term management...and they actually care about their guests concerns. They are in the process of upgrading amenities-mattresses,T.V.'s,microwaves,etc. And more important,any concerns that a resident expresses are dealt with on the spot...not put on a list or "when we can get to it". The head of maintenance is a jewel...knowledgeable and friendly. If you like to fish(and I do) this property is literally a stones throw from the world famous St.Johns River and abundant places to wet a line abound from here. The beach isn't within walking distance-however-it is a short 15 minute drive.Excepting work traffic hours of course. In closing...if you are going to be in this general area for an extended stay,work or pleasure...you could do a lot worse than this place.But you would be hard pressed to do any better. The rates are at worst very competitive...and actually cheaper than lesser rated properties.

Room Tip: The 1st 2nd & 3rd floors are reserved for non-smokers.Smokers like my self are on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel is as clean as they come. The management is EXTREMELY nice and helpful.
It doesn't get any better than this for an extended stay hotel. I will definitely stay here again. Great for families also.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels (extended stay or otherwise) I have ever stayed in. Having been in Jacksonville after relocating from California, I have stayed at many hotels along the way. NEVER have I experienced a kinder, more courteous, friendly, attentive staff, they truly care about their hotel and it shows! The hotel is actually being upgraded to 32 inch HDTV's, great fast internet, seperate smoking and non smoking floors.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed here at Value Place Merrill rd. last year about 5 mo.for the first time and it was a great stay then, and again now I am back due to work and we already knew we were coming straight here again. The management is wonderful, and will go above and beyond to make your stay very comfortable, the exterior as well as the interior was always clean and fresh, and smelled great. The location is excellent for where I have to go for work. I work for a large company and last year, as well as this year, and I brought others here to stay. I really appreciate the help and support and care given with any and all requests I had, from the management. Thank You, Buffie Repass

Room Tip: Bottom 2 levels are smoke free.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

We thank you again for your kind remarks. We are so happy to have you staying with us again.

Welcome back!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Nice, clean and safe place to stay.....only bad thing is the beds are like rocks so you will need a topper

Room Tip: Bring a MATTRESS TOPPER... The rooms are fine ....1st and 2nd floors are non smoking 3rd and 4th are...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

We appreciate your comments and loyality to the Value Place brand. We are extremely proud of our JAX property and our management team at Merril RD & 9A. Er do everything we can to keep our guests comfortable and happy. We look forward to your return. Happy travels.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Value Place, Jacksonville. Management and staff here at Value Place (VP) have treated me very good. My room and hallways were superbly maintained. My job requires me to work in 12 States and 48 different cities, and I always stay at Value Place Hotels when there is a location in town. Therefore, I know a thing or two about Value Place Hotels, and this particular VP is one of the best. Parking space is large, the grounds and laundry room are well kept. I have had an enjoyable experience during my last stay at this Value Place Hotel. The price is right. The price for the accommodation is very reasonable. I will gladly stay here again during my next work assignment in Jacksonville, Florida. Bere' K

Room Tip: No business center but management will make copies for you and will fax documents for you as well.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Beresford K
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

It is our sincere pleasure to serve you while you are here on business in JAX. We have a great property and staff and we look forward to your return.

Thank you very much for your kind review.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Needed a place for an extended stay and found Value Place on line. What they offered was well above the "other places". Management, in the past, had some serious public relations problems, but new management is in place and they will bust their back to make it right for you. The facility is located in a quiet area and the security is second to none. They have staying there down to a science. The rooms are large and extremely well kept. The grounds are clean and kept that way. The front desk personnel and staff are friendly and extremely helpful if you have a question. I highly recommend you consider staying here, if the need arises for you. They do set some strict rules, but in the long run, it's for everyone's well being and there's nothing too difficult to live with. File this facility under "Highly Recommended".

Room Tip: They're converting all rooms to non-smoking, but there are designated areas outside the building...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

What a great review - thank you. We are exceptionally proud of our Jacksonville hotel and our management team. Jacksonville is a great city - it has so much to offer. We look forward to your return.