“Wonderful Time Here”

WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East
Ranked #93 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is the second time I stayed here. Last year, I stayed for 3 months and was so pleased that I stayed here again this year. What brought me back was the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness and security of the building. As another guest has said, this is a "no-frills" type of place. However, the staff is extremely professional which was voiced by another reviewer in that they take care of issues quickly and promptly. The rooms are smaller than the more well-known (over-night stay) hotels out there. However, because of the price, I would recommended this place for the weekly/monthly traveler who is on a budget.

Room Tip: A studio room is good for the price, but if you would like a larger room, one with a sleeper sofa is...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This place is cheap. You get what you pay for and at this place you don't get anything unless you pay for it. They even charge you for dishes at this hotel and the customer service is like the service you would expect to get at a gas station. I guess you would probably have to pay extra for someone to be friendly, but that is probably why they call it VALUE place. Life is too short, take my advice and pay a couple extra dollars to pay somewhere nice. I am certainly going to stay somewhere else when I return to Jacksonville next week.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ted W
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is a very nice property,with long term management...and they actually care about their guests concerns. They are in the process of upgrading amenities-mattresses,T.V.'s,microwaves,etc. And more important,any concerns that a resident expresses are dealt with on the spot...not put on a list or "when we can get to it". The head of maintenance is a jewel...knowledgeable and friendly. If you like to fish(and I do) this property is literally a stones throw from the world famous St.Johns River and abundant places to wet a line abound from here. The beach isn't within walking distance-however-it is a short 15 minute drive.Excepting work traffic hours of course. In closing...if you are going to be in this general area for an extended stay,work or pleasure...you could do a lot worse than this place.But you would be hard pressed to do any better. The rates are at worst very competitive...and actually cheaper than lesser rated properties.

Room Tip: The 1st 2nd & 3rd floors are reserved for non-smokers.Smokers like my self are on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel is as clean as they come. The management is EXTREMELY nice and helpful.
It doesn't get any better than this for an extended stay hotel. I will definitely stay here again. Great for families also.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels (extended stay or otherwise) I have ever stayed in. Having been in Jacksonville after relocating from California, I have stayed at many hotels along the way. NEVER have I experienced a kinder, more courteous, friendly, attentive staff, they truly care about their hotel and it shows! The hotel is actually being upgraded to 32 inch HDTV's, great fast internet, seperate smoking and non smoking floors.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed here at Value Place Merrill rd. last year about 5 mo.for the first time and it was a great stay then, and again now I am back due to work and we already knew we were coming straight here again. The management is wonderful, and will go above and beyond to make your stay very comfortable, the exterior as well as the interior was always clean and fresh, and smelled great. The location is excellent for where I have to go for work. I work for a large company and last year, as well as this year, and I brought others here to stay. I really appreciate the help and support and care given with any and all requests I had, from the management. Thank You, Buffie Repass

Room Tip: Bottom 2 levels are smoke free.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

We thank you again for your kind remarks. We are so happy to have you staying with us again.

Welcome back!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Nice, clean and safe place to stay.....only bad thing is the beds are like rocks so you will need a topper

Room Tip: Bring a MATTRESS TOPPER... The rooms are fine ....1st and 2nd floors are non smoking 3rd and 4th are...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

We appreciate your comments and loyality to the Value Place brand. We are extremely proud of our JAX property and our management team at Merril RD & 9A. Er do everything we can to keep our guests comfortable and happy. We look forward to your return. Happy travels.