“Awesome dineout place”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: J. Turner Butler Blvd.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in St. Johns Town Center.
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Its a lovely place for dine out with friend and a special friend too. Opentable arrangement was just too good and i always love the ambiance over there. Their flourless chocolate espresso cake is my personal favorite. Its Lobster Bisque is also nice for dinner with wine. I ma in love with the menu of this place in nutshell. You must try it.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The restaurant itself is beautiful and clean. The wine selections are very extensive. However, price is very expensive and food is just ok. I would definitely pick Ruth Chris over and over . Definitely not impressed.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Not a great place to have a really good meal unless you enjoy spending a lot of money and eating very small portions. I would pick Ruth Chris over this place any day of the week. Not impressed

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My lady friend treated me to a birthday dinner at The Capital Grille on 7/27/13. She had made a 6pm reservation. Parking was limited, so I opted for the complimentary valet parking. We were greeted and seated promptly. The setting is dark and warm, and even though there is a lot of activity going on around you, it wasn't overwhelming or hard to carry on a conversation. There was a birthday card on the table, signed by several of the staff. Our server was Mark, who was awesome. Very attentive and knowledgeable, but never stuffy. I'm by no means an experienced fine diner, but Mark treated me as if I was. For beverages we chose "The Generous Pour", a wine tasting deal that enabled us to try 7 wines for $25. All the wines were very good and went well with our dinner. For an appetizer we chose calamari, tasty and a little spicy. I had the Delmonico steak, which was huge. Very tender and juicy, although slightly crispier on the outside than I would've preferred. My friend had the Chilean Sea Bass, which was outstanding. For sides we chose the Lobster Mac 'n Cheese which was delicious. I could've had that as my meal. We also had the Creamed Corn with Smoked Bacon, very good. For dessert, Cheesecake with Fresh Seasonal Berries, again, excellent. Water glasses were refilled and empty plates taken away promptly. A manager stopped by our table to check on us.They even took a complimentary photo of us, which I thought was a nice touch.
Overall, I was very satisfied with my experience. Ruth's Chris is my benchmark for expensive dinners, and Capital Grille was as good in every aspect. I feel the only advantage Ruth's in Jacksonville has is a view of the St. John's river.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

When I go to a finer restaurant, I not only expect a better quality of a meal, eclectic menu and great ambiance, I expect impeccable service. The food here is average at best. The Caesar salad I ordered lacked dressing and flavor. When extra dressing was brought to the table, it tasted sour at best. I could bro ably live with the average food, even though an average entree is $40 and the average side $10, but saying the service was just plain lousy is an understatement. The food came out wrong. In fact the order was not what we asked for at all. The server said she must have hit a wrong button when she entered it. When a course was finished, the empty dirty plate sat in front of us. In fact the server had to call someone over to pick up my husband's salad plate so he could put my husband's dinner in front of him! The bread plates and other plates remained on the table for the entire meal. In fact, the manager came over to ask about dinner and he, too let the empty plates linger in front of us. I think I stacked and cleared more dishes at this restaurant than I would have done had we eaten at home. Again, at $40+ an entree, not including a beverage, salad or other compliments, I certainly expected better than excellent service. A lot of times we go to a place like this to simply be treated well and pampered. But this splurge was more work forme than eating at home