“Great Meal and Service”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 2,000 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: J. Turner Butler Blvd.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in St. Johns Town Center.
PALM COAST
“Great Meal and Service”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I had dinner on Saturday, 16 November at this Capital Grill after having great experiences at other Capital Grilles. This dinner was no better than you should expect of a restaurant of this caliber. My wife had chilean sea bass and I had the sole. Both were good, but not exceptional. We had a side order of roasted mushrooms, which was very good. However, my wife's sea bass came with mushrooms and the waiter should have picked up on that, as we should have. So, we had an overload of mushrooms. Our waiter was exceptional, Chris Elliott, and it made the evening a little more special. Except for missing the mushroom overload, he was great and I would ask for him in a subsequent visit. He packaged my wife's uneaten sea bass and mushrooms for us to take with us.

The wine list is good, not exceptional, with many high end priced wines and they would be well served to include more wines in the less than $50 price range. I am retired and enjoy good wine, but at a reasonable price. I rate their wine prices to be 20% higher than other restaurants of the same caliber.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JOSEPH L

Jacksonville, Florida
“Good service, steak consistency varies, environment too business ”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Had dinner there 6-8,times over the past few years. 3 years ago, it was good. Then, steak became inconsistent. There's a huge difference between medium-rare and medium-well. Their dry-aged steaks were really good and lately I wish I could just buy the steak and cook it at home myself. Service is obviously geared more towards business folks. I would not take wife there for a special occasion anymore (used to be the case). For $200 dinner for two people, I'd go elsewhere in town (perhaps even support local businesses and have extra cash left over to help those in need).

“The Big City feeling”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

After I moved to Jacksonville, FL from the greater New York City and the suburbs of nearby Long Island, NY, I was looking for that big steakhouse atmosphere that reminded of some of the grand places I used to visit in New York City, Philadelphia, and Chicago. The memories and spirits of those places must have worked together for our pre-Halloween visit to The Capital Grille as my guest and I were very pleased with the visit.

Entering the subtle darkness of the venue, I noted the high dark wood paneling and the offset lighting effects upon the venerable look of the paintings on the walls. We were warmly greeted by the front staff who acknowledged us and paved the way into the greater restaurant.

Looking around, I was instantly reminded of several fine dining places that were working for the best moments one could have in the moment. 11 Madison Park, The NoMad, Smith & Wollensky, 1/5, Rothmann's and even the venerable Peter Luger's came to mind. It was clear to me that the designers of The Capital Grille had taken their project very seriously because the diners they were seeking would have experienced the difference already.

The menu was very simple in its domination of one large page, but it opened into more pages of a supporting wine list that anyone could admire. Most items were served buy themselves and the diners were tasked with crafting their own experience on the plate. Our server, Scott, was an excellent guide on the menu and he was clearly interested in our presence as if it was his only mission.

Dinner arrived in a gradual procession that seemed well timed and exceptionally well prepared for us and we took our time to enjoy it mindfully.

In full command of the moment as we reached the end of night, I looked around and thought I could easily return to this restaurant as I noted intimate dining rooms off to the sides and a well stocked bar that was only missing fine ales on tap.

Looking back, after we disappeared into the mists of the night, I thought recommend this place to anyone who was looking for that "big city steak house" feeling with jazz standards and Broadway songs playing in the background.

• Visited October 2013
“Palate pleasing”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is the second time we dined here, the first time being not very impressive. We are so glad we gave this place a second chance as this experience was practically flawless. From the moment we opened the doors to our last bite, all was divine. The ambiance was elegant and cozy and, despite the dining area being small with fairly closely spaced tables, the noise was minimal. Service was impeccable and the food was tantalizing to the palate. We brought our own wine so we did not peruse their selection. Yes, Capital Grill is very expensive, but well worth the indulgence.

• Visited September 2013
Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
“Capitol Fun!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I like sitting at the bar and had a fun time with Joshua. His martini's were excellent, service was right on, food was fabulous. We were never rushed, appetizers and dinner were timed perfectly and we didn't wait on anything. My husband had the rib eye and loved it. Atmosphere was fun and we had a great time. I thought the portions were plenty and everything was well presented and prepared. We will go back!

• Visited October 2013