“Exactly what you expect from Marriott”

TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #48 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Exactly what you expect from Marriott”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stay in Marriott about everywhere I go (business preferred). This is an average Marriott. I didn’t really see any frills, just a good nights sleep and a hot shower.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JeramieOK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sandy, Utah, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I booked this place from reviewing it online and when I arrived at the property, it did not at all look as it was represented online. The pool was the size of a kiddie pool. The lobby was inferior compared to the overall marriott standard.

The front desk employee acted bothered that she had to disrupt her personal phone call to answer some questions. I arrived there at 6:45pm, I told her I was disappointed with the hotel and I would like to cancel the reservation so I can stay at the courtyard next door. She said no matter how disappointed I was, she would not refund the first night stay and if had a problem with that call Marriott customer service. She had a disrespectful, rude tone during the communication.

The pictures online do not resemble the actual property.

I decided to call the marriott customer service, first time in 10 years of using Marriott that I ever had to call customer service. I stayed at the courtyard instead.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank DeniseA250
Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2011

As a Marriott Platinum I have logged over 250 nights in the last 4 years. I stayed at this hotel for four weeks on separate occasions for business. Every time I had some bad service experience. Some of the people are very nice... but even some of the nicest seem under trained to do their job. I had no towels on at least five occasions, room requests not honored, and other incidents. No one problem would have caused me to write this poor review... but the sum total does. Avoid if you are planning an extended stay to the area... It is probably fine for a quick stay while passing through on 95. Don't forget to take the short drive to St John's Town Center ( just east on JT Butler expressway).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank BizTravelAdvisor
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 April 2011

This hotel reminded me of the style of a Key West Cottage. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and the work space allowed me to spread out in my room. I also love the kitchens to cook some of the easy home dishes that I enjoy!

The staff was always willing to help with any of my needs. They even went to CVS to pick up a prescription for me when I was "under the weather" without me asking!

Great folks and a comfy hotel.

Room Tip: King Studio Suite
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2011

During my two different stays in March 2011, the hotel did not honor the corporate rate during the first week and the hotel claimed that I checked out late the second week.

Considering the fact that the hotel reservation was made and confirmed by a corporation that does repeat business, I would have expected the hotel to have charged the appropriate corporate rate instead of the higher rate that they charge for individuals not traveling on business. In addition, I would expect the hotel to have the correct check out time, especially when the room key has already been turned in.

Upon checking out the first week the hotel printed a receipt that did not include the normal corporate rate that is charged. Instead, the receipt showed charges at the normal rate for an individual not traveling on business. During my stay the second week, I checked out at 7:45 a.m. on a Thursday and turned in my room key to the front desk. The company I work for informed me the following week that the hotel claimed that I did not check out of the hotel until 1:30 p.m. and was going to charge for another day due to checking out late. Fortunately, the company I work for was completely aware of the facts and had evidence to prove otherwise. I was already back in Orlando prior to 1:30 p.m. and had a gas receipt as proof with the date and time. In addition, the company vehicle I was driving had a GPS installed so it was very easy for the company to verify that I was in fact not even anywhere near Jacksonville, Florida at 1:30 p.m. as the hotel had claimed.

I am writing this review so that the Marriott can improve their customer service and so that other business travelers can be aware of being possibly overcharged for business travel. I have stayed numerous times at the Mariott. I have always had excellent customer service prior to this incident and my hope is that by writing this review they can improve their customer service and keep customers happy.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 1409730
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 September 2010

The staff were all very friendly, I had my dog and they all loved on her and gave her treats. They were helpful, understanding and attentive. The room was delightful, a studio with more than a regular hotel room. I appreciated the kitchen feature with refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. I am in Property Management and I am fairly particular with an eye for details...I would stay here again without a doubt. The price was fair, although with a pet there is a $75 non refundable fee. I can understand this for a longer stay but for just two nights it is high. In an apartment you pay that sometimes for the entire stay. Great location, easy access. Breakfast is sufficient. Applebees and all good restaurants nearby. Beach is about 30 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I was on a three month project in Jacksonville and thought it would be to stay in a hotel with a kitchen so that I could "eat in" occasionally instead of eating in restaurants continuously and worrying about my wait. The Towneplace Suites just off Butler Blvd. in Jacksonville looked to be a good place to try and accomplish that goal. I booked a room there for the first four weekly trips. The first two went well and then I had this experience. I arrived late one evening and checked into my room. I had a decent nights sleep and went to work the next day. Upon my return, I was unable to get back into my room. When I went down to the desk, I learned that another guest had been checked into my room, and I was listed as a no show. The hotel sent the other guest to another room. I was given new keys and went back upstairs to see that the other guest had gone through all of my belongings and stolen from me. In addition, because I was a "no show" my room was not cleaned. I reported the theft to the front desk. The next day, my room again went unserviced - there were fresh towels left, but nothing else had been done to the room. When I inquired about the room not being serviced, I was told the housekeeping staff must have been short-handed. When I checked out of the hotel, I asked for call from the manager to discuss my stay. No one called. I called and spoke with the assistant manager who told me that my issues we "minor". I did get an email from the manager 10 days after my stay, in an effort to satisfy my complaint. I have since responded with two emails, two voice messages and two in-person visits to the hotel and have yet to speak with the manager and resolve this issue - 45 days later. The facilities at this hotel are adequate for a property in this class; however the management apparently doesn't really care about their guests. My recommendation, stay next door at the Extended Stay America, Red Roof Inn or the Marriott Courtyard nearby - but don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business