We recently stayed here on a holiday weeked after the AC broke at our house. We got a two bedroom suite. It was reasonably priced, but was a good example of "you get what you pay for." I am a Marriott Gold member so I stay at their properties frequently and this was well below the quality that am used to. The building is very cheaply constructed. The hallways reminded me of a college dorm and there was no AC in them. The room finishes were adequate, but of low quality, and the beds were not particularly comfortable. We had an accessible room and the shower would never shut off entirely. We made it through the first night and then had what was certainly the worst Marriott breakfast that we have ever experienced. My microwave sausage biscuit tasted like it was several years old and most everything else was unappealing. We considered changing hotels, but decided to just grin and bear it since we were only going to be in the room to sleep. We were gone all day and then got back to the room around 5. The room was a little warm so I lowered the thermostat and closed the curtains to shut out the sun. After about an hour the room did not seem to be getting any cooler. I checked the thermostat and the temperature had actually rised 2 degrees. I called the front desk and was informed that they did not have any mainteance personnel on duty, but that they would try to get someone there the next night. I asked to change rooms, but was told that no other two bedroom units were available. When the temperature continued to rise my wife called and complained again. She was told that nothing could be done so we decided to leave. To give the desk clerk credit, he did check other nearby Marriott properties and called us back to offer an alternative, but not have them had large units either. I went online and found one myself, so we checked out. They did credit us for both nights stays (I would have been on the phone to the corporate office the next day if they did not), but this is a property that should not have a Marriott flag until some upgrades can be made. I would certainly never stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Blvd is the new design for the TownePlace Suites. At the TownePlace Suites, you will be able to settle in, keep your routine, and stay connected to the local area because our goal is to make life away from home easy, so that you can continue Real Living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites By Marriott Jacksonville Butler Boulevard Hotel Jacksonville
- Towneplace Suites Jacksonville