TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
US$168
US$142
HotelIndigo.com
US$113
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront desksized fridgekitchen areashort drivesofa bedmayo clinicgreat place to staycracker barrelroom was spotlesshouse keepingup to dateshort staywould stay againone night stayfree breakfastdishwasher
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I cannot understand why this hotel is getting bad reviews. It was off of the highway and very easy to find. The lobby was very clean and looked like a new fresh hotel . They had a nice breakfast area and shop for snacks.The manager Lee Hensly was very friendly and helped us with our needs. The front desk clerk Steven was friendly, enthusiastic and very knowledgable of the area. I shared the room with a friend. We had plenty of room with a King bed and sofa bed. The room was large enough that we could both work easily. We had a nice desk, sofa, full kitchen and nice size bathroom for two. The breakfast had a wide variety, but they need more items for Gluten-Free customers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelwithmisty
RBurnemGeneralManage, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
I am so glad thay we provided just what you needed to have a great stay.

Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and looks as if we attained our goal for yor stay.

Our three favorite words are 'I'll be Back!' and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I'm extremely disappointed with Marriott and even more so with this hotel. I travel frequently for business and I always stay at Marriotts or Hiltons. I am a rewards member with both chains and have come to expect a certain level of service and quality. This Marriott missed the mark by a long shot. Let me start with the chairs. I attached a photo. The most worn, tattered chairs I have ever seen! Perfect for a little baby to swallow small pieces. Who provides their guests with such a disaster of furniture? Ice machine that isn't working in Florida in August for no less than a week? How about green funk growing around the shower head? Would you like peeling paint on your bedroom door? Are you interested in taking out your own garbage? The cleaning crew only made one of the beds. The lock to the swimming pool gate was broken. The lamp shade was missing on one lamp and the light was completely burned out in another fixture. The rubber molding that covers the metal installation strip for the carpeting was not installed correctly. And there are never enough towels. Not enough towels for the room, never enough towels for the pool, and no towels for the exercise room. My wife and I spoke with Josh on multiple occasions and I believe he tried to get things corrected - but unfortunately, never succeeded. Breakfast is mediocre. It is NOT a full breakfast. I'm so disappointed in my stay. This hotel is located in an area where there are many, many hotels on one street. PLEASE carefully consider any of the other hotels in this area - I think you will do better than I. One last note, if you are sensitive to smells, there is a powered air freshener sitting on the floor near the entrance area. It is definitely working.

Room Tip: There are several other hotels on the same road. Chose one of them.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jockyridge
RBurnemGeneralManage, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

The issues you had during your stay were unacceptable and I do apologize.

Please know that I am the new General Manager that this property as of September 2013 and most of the management staff has also changed.

I would like to invite you back to our hotel if you are willing to give us a change to provide the service that Marriott is know for.

If you would like to return please contact myself and I will make sure that you have an outstanding problem free stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

904/296-1661

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband booked the hotel for us on our recent stay in Jacksonville. The room was very nice and modern, although the bathroom was a little shabby around the edges of the tub. I enjoyed my stay there. A few negatives included the weird AC system, which would go from 65 degrees to 80 degrees (it was set to 75 the entire time). Not sure if our AC was possessed or not. During one point in our stay, the fire alarm was set off in the middle of the night, but it was quickly shut off. Perhaps management should have had their staff knock on everyone's door to let them know it was a false alarm, but I otherwise have no complaints about the friendly staff. The breakfast is a simple cold (continental) breakfast. Don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Aimee N

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We take your comments seriously and use them to make the hotel better for our guest.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

From the time we checked in there were issues. Online, I booked a private bedroom suite, only to get to the hotel to find out it was a studio, and an up charge for the room I had previously requested and booked. Once that was changed and settled we head to our room (luggage in tow) only to discover someone else was still occupying the space! After being offered a bag of chips and a soft drink, for our "inconvenience", from the "market", which we graciously declined. On to room number three, where the TV, partially worked, and they're are only three towels in a room designed to hold four people (no problem, we ask the front desk for an extra set of towels, and a blanket for the sleeper sofa, only to be told they're aren't any more in the ENTIRE HOTEL?) One day we decided to sleep in and just exchange towels with the house keeper. She actually SAW four people in the room and still only gave us three towels! On other days, the house keeper never cleaned the room or made the beds, just replaced the towels in the bathroom. Never replaced used items out of the bathroom or kitchen, like dish detergent, hand soaps or shampoo's. This place was a complete disaster! This was my first stay at this particular Marriott chain, and certainly my last! As a rewards member and frequent customer, I'm disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank S4-Diva

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

The issues you had during your stay were unacceptable and I do apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you.

904/296-1661

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This a great hotel. I would like to say thanks to Miss Velma and her cleaning staff for doing such a wonderful job. I would like to say thanks to all the guys and girls at the front desk for making us feel at home. We can't wait to come back. It is super clean and quiet. Rooms are very big.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is 100% satisfaction and it looks as if we reached that goal with your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!