“Very fun staff....”

Ranked #50 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Wanaque, New Jersey
“Very fun staff....”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Just a great trip to not a very sunny place, Jax, Fl. although the staff at the Towne Suites by Marriott Jacksonville must have soaked in all the rays! Greatest group of people ever! Clean hotel, quaint breakfast daily, oranges, apples, bananas, orange kissed ice water, coffee and tea available 24/7/ Lots of laughs with housekeeping...every single person greeted you with a very friendly HELLO and smile each time you saw them. The only negative to our trip, other than the weather, was IF the sun was out, the pool & bbq area needed a serious maKeover plus the sun doesnt shine in the back area for very long. Other than that, great hotel stay!!

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Rewards person, ask for an available upgrade!!
Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 8 November 2013

If you want friendly staff, pleasant decor and comfortable, clean, thoughtfully designed rooms, this is the place for you. The morning coffee and food selections are modest, as are the workout facilities and pool, but if you need more there are many eateries and fitness options nearby. The housekeeping staff will service the room daily or skip completely if the "do not disturb" is out. Access to local venues by car is also excellent. I will stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RBurnemGeneralManage, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!
I am so pleased that we met your needs all around and that you were happy with our staff and facilities.

We love the three words 'I'll be back!'

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for at least 15 years. This hotel has nice well equipped rooms. I stayed for three nights. The staff seemed very friendly but I was surprised one morning when the maid entered my room without knocking! Spa/hot tub was "out of order" and when I asked the front desk staff when it would be operational they had no idea! Printer in lobby not working. Room keys stopped working three times during my stay and had to be re-activated.
Microwave oven was operating but face plate was popped off.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
RBurnemGeneralManage, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased that you found the staff to be very friendly and the rooms well equiped.

I do apologize that a housekeeper entered your room without knocking that is unacceptable.
The SPA was out of service for about a week and a half but the front desk staff should have had a better response than 'I have no idea' but the spa is now up and running and awaiting your return.

As a Marriott Rewards member we value your business and your comments regarding our hotel and take them seriously and use them to make the hotel better.

I do apologize that we 'missed the mark' and hope that you will allow us the chance to welcome you again in the future and fufill our goal of 100% satisfaction.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to conact me at anytime.

panama city
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I cannot understand why this hotel is getting bad reviews. It was off of the highway and very easy to find. The lobby was very clean and looked like a new fresh hotel . They had a nice breakfast area and shop for snacks.The manager Lee Hensly was very friendly and helped us with our needs. The front desk clerk Steven was friendly, enthusiastic and very knowledgable of the area. I shared the room with a friend. We had plenty of room with a King bed and sofa bed. The room was large enough that we could both work easily. We had a nice desk, sofa, full kitchen and nice size bathroom for two. The breakfast had a wide variety, but they need more items for Gluten-Free customers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travelwithmisty
RBurnemGeneralManage, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
I am so glad thay we provided just what you needed to have a great stay.

Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and looks as if we attained our goal for yor stay.

Our three favorite words are 'I'll be Back!' and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I'm extremely disappointed with Marriott and even more so with this hotel. I travel frequently for business and I always stay at Marriotts or Hiltons. I am a rewards member with both chains and have come to expect a certain level of service and quality. This Marriott missed the mark by a long shot. Let me start with the chairs. I attached a photo. The most worn, tattered chairs I have ever seen! Perfect for a little baby to swallow small pieces. Who provides their guests with such a disaster of furniture? Ice machine that isn't working in Florida in August for no less than a week? How about green funk growing around the shower head? Would you like peeling paint on your bedroom door? Are you interested in taking out your own garbage? The cleaning crew only made one of the beds. The lock to the swimming pool gate was broken. The lamp shade was missing on one lamp and the light was completely burned out in another fixture. The rubber molding that covers the metal installation strip for the carpeting was not installed correctly. And there are never enough towels. Not enough towels for the room, never enough towels for the pool, and no towels for the exercise room. My wife and I spoke with Josh on multiple occasions and I believe he tried to get things corrected - but unfortunately, never succeeded. Breakfast is mediocre. It is NOT a full breakfast. I'm so disappointed in my stay. This hotel is located in an area where there are many, many hotels on one street. PLEASE carefully consider any of the other hotels in this area - I think you will do better than I. One last note, if you are sensitive to smells, there is a powered air freshener sitting on the floor near the entrance area. It is definitely working.

Room Tip: There are several other hotels on the same road. Chose one of them.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jockyridge
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

The issues you had during your stay were unacceptable and I do apologize.

Please know that I am the new General Manager that this property as of September 2013 and most of the management staff has also changed.

I would like to invite you back to our hotel if you are willing to give us a change to provide the service that Marriott is know for.

If you would like to return please contact myself and I will make sure that you have an outstanding problem free stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband booked the hotel for us on our recent stay in Jacksonville. The room was very nice and modern, although the bathroom was a little shabby around the edges of the tub. I enjoyed my stay there. A few negatives included the weird AC system, which would go from 65 degrees to 80 degrees (it was set to 75 the entire time). Not sure if our AC was possessed or not. During one point in our stay, the fire alarm was set off in the middle of the night, but it was quickly shut off. Perhaps management should have had their staff knock on everyone's door to let them know it was a false alarm, but I otherwise have no complaints about the friendly staff. The breakfast is a simple cold (continental) breakfast. Don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aimee N
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We take your comments seriously and use them to make the hotel better for our guest.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

From the time we checked in there were issues. Online, I booked a private bedroom suite, only to get to the hotel to find out it was a studio, and an up charge for the room I had previously requested and booked. Once that was changed and settled we head to our room (luggage in tow) only to discover someone else was still occupying the space! After being offered a bag of chips and a soft drink, for our "inconvenience", from the "market", which we graciously declined. On to room number three, where the TV, partially worked, and they're are only three towels in a room designed to hold four people (no problem, we ask the front desk for an extra set of towels, and a blanket for the sleeper sofa, only to be told they're aren't any more in the ENTIRE HOTEL?) One day we decided to sleep in and just exchange towels with the house keeper. She actually SAW four people in the room and still only gave us three towels! On other days, the house keeper never cleaned the room or made the beds, just replaced the towels in the bathroom. Never replaced used items out of the bathroom or kitchen, like dish detergent, hand soaps or shampoo's. This place was a complete disaster! This was my first stay at this particular Marriott chain, and certainly my last! As a rewards member and frequent customer, I'm disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank S4-Diva
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

The issues you had during your stay were unacceptable and I do apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you.