I was on a three month project in Jacksonville and thought it would be to stay in a hotel with a kitchen so that I could "eat in" occasionally instead of eating in restaurants continuously and worrying about my wait. The Towneplace Suites just off Butler Blvd. in Jacksonville looked to be a good place to try and accomplish that goal. I booked a room there for the first four weekly trips. The first two went well and then I had this experience. I arrived late one evening and checked into my room. I had a decent nights sleep and went to work the next day. Upon my return, I was unable to get back into my room. When I went down to the desk, I learned that another guest had been checked into my room, and I was listed as a no show. The hotel sent the other guest to another room. I was given new keys and went back upstairs to see that the other guest had gone through all of my belongings and stolen from me. In addition, because I was a "no show" my room was not cleaned. I reported the theft to the front desk. The next day, my room again went unserviced - there were fresh towels left, but nothing else had been done to the room. When I inquired about the room not being serviced, I was told the housekeeping staff must have been short-handed. When I checked out of the hotel, I asked for call from the manager to discuss my stay. No one called. I called and spoke with the assistant manager who told me that my issues we "minor". I did get an email from the manager 10 days after my stay, in an effort to satisfy my complaint. I have since responded with two emails, two voice messages and two in-person visits to the hotel and have yet to speak with the manager and resolve this issue - 45 days later. The facilities at this hotel are adequate for a property in this class; however the management apparently doesn't really care about their guests. My recommendation, stay next door at the Extended Stay America, Red Roof Inn or the Marriott Courtyard nearby - but don't stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Blvd is the new design for the TownePlace Suites. At the TownePlace Suites, you will be able to settle in, keep your routine, and stay connected to the local area because our goal is to make life away from home easy, so that you can continue Real Living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites By Marriott Jacksonville Butler Boulevard Hotel Jacksonville
- Towneplace Suites Jacksonville