Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center
Ranked #111 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Titusville, Florida
“Disgusting Hotel!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Our room was dirty, dusty, reeked of cigarette smoke and had live and dead roaches. Roaches were in the cabinets, the bathtub and around the beds. The tiles in the shower were dirty and dusty, there was a filthy toilet plunger under the bathroom sink. Underneath the beds were filthy, the maids are obviously not vacuuming under there. There was a non smoking sign posted and the room reeked of cigarette smoke. I will NEVER stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Room Tip: Make sure you PREVIEW the ACTUAL room in which you will be staying before you decide to stay here!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pamela163
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was not up to standards at check in. In response to your review, I am personally ensuring that myself and my AGM will personally inspect all rooms before a new guest checks in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jtb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The staff from head to toe is awesome. A very nice place to stay. The cleaning staff is very attentive to my needs. I am a long term guest and look forward to my weekly cleanings, they help refresh my work week. Thank you Sam, Joveete, Princess, Myschelle, and Tori for taking great care of me and my DJ company.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

For the price not the best, I prefer intown suites.
overall experience I wasn't really satisfied with the location or price.
However it does have great restraunts in the area and a great shopping centers the best in Jacksonville, Florida.

• Stayed June 2013
Boston
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My fiancée booked a room in this motel for a week for a her business trip and the nightmare started the moment she checked in. Room was extremely dirty, hairs on the bed sheet, hairs on restroom towel... disgusting room. She was troubled by flea and bugs and changed to different rooms three times but all rooms were infested. She had no choice at 11:30PM late night and stayed one night and next morning... she had Flea Bites / bugs bites all over her body, legs, back. What a nightmare. Avoid this place and pay few bucks extra and get a better clean, bug free motels nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank S R
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We checked in here to stay for three weeks while relocating to Jacksonville, and we didn't stay past three days. The room itself was very very small with almost no room to move around. It had a terrible musty smell that never went away even if we left the doors and windows open. The carpet was slightly damp in some places and never got dry. Everything in the kitchen (all surfaces, cabinets, fridge, etc) was sticky to the touch, even after I spent about an hour cleaning with Clorox wipes. The bathroom was also very dirty, with hairs on the counter. We moved to Candlewood suites on Belfort for only a little more and are much much happier.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Psribler
godrey
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We made our reservations in january for homestead-stayed march 8-11-we were not told a head of time that it was changed to an extended stay hotel. Luckily the street was only a block long, and we noticed the extended stay had the same address and was able to find it. We were unaware that all the rooms had pet rooms, and my husband is very allergic to pets. The polciy was no pets over 25 pounds and they must be registered ahead of time. Obviously they never walked around the hotel. Next door to us was not 1, but 2 MASTIFFS-way over the 25 pound limit. At times only one of the men was trying to handle 2 mastiffs at once. We saw many german shepherds, which are also over the limit and other larger dogs. It was very obvious, and no one appeared to need to hide the fact. I love dogs, but rules are rules, and how do we know if the owners are in control of their dogs or not. The room was clean and very well set up. Our refrigerator was broken, but they replaced it with a new one the next day.. The staff for the most part was friendly, except the day we checked in-she must have been having a bad day. We didn't know that ice was not provided and was told that we had to buy it. If the refrigerator had worked, we wouldn/t have needed ice, and obviously if it was not working, we couldn;t have bought ice and kept it in the freezer.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2013

They had extremely dirty bathrooms, filthy kitchen which had very little to offer and dirty living space like it hadn't been cleaned property in months. It smelled musty. The internet service was too weak to use and the bed was as hard as the floor. I called about the internet service and was told it must be my new IPad III. The television has very few channels and the beds are as hard as the floors.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank swood1012
Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park
Sheraton Jacksonville
Sheraton Jacksonville
#39 of 133 in Jacksonville
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East
Extended Stay America - Jacksonv...
#94 of 133 in Jacksonville
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
Extended Stay America - Jacksonv...
#84 of 133 in Jacksonville

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center

Property: Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center
Address: 10020 Skinner Lake Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32246-8454 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center)
Region: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Ranked #111 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Hotel