Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center
Ranked #112 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Durham, NC
“bug infested”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I normally don't write reviews on anything but for the experience that I had, I feel compelled to inform the upper management of the issues at this particular room that I stayed in. First impression, the room was nothing out of the ordinary; everything seemed to be in working order. However, the moment I took off my shoes and touched the carpet, it felt like the carpet was greasy to say the least... I was afraid to touch it, and for the remainder of my stay, I wore slippers inside the room (which I would much prefer to walk barefoot inside the hotel room.) Probably the biggest issue I had was when I woke up in the morning, I had bites on my legs and fingers that I've never noticed the night previous. Now during the day, I wore long pants which should prevent any bites that I would encounter when I'm out and about, especially when my days consist of full day in an office environment. I put it off casually and didn't think much about it until a few days later, I've noticed more and more bites. Then one day I've actually saw an insect the size of a nickel, crawling about the bathroom floor; which confirms my theory that the room was bug infested. For the amount that I paid, I wasn't expecting much, but this is far and beyond. I am extremely dissatisfied with my stay and will recommend anyone in the Jacksonville area to stay away from this establishment.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank irthrfly
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that your room was unclean and that carpet was sticky. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, our maintenance staff is working to clean the carpet so this type of situation does not affect other guests in the future.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jtb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Our room was dirty, dusty, reeked of cigarette smoke and had live and dead roaches. Roaches were in the cabinets, the bathtub and around the beds. The tiles in the shower were dirty and dusty, there was a filthy toilet plunger under the bathroom sink. Underneath the beds were filthy, the maids are obviously not vacuuming under there. There was a non smoking sign posted and the room reeked of cigarette smoke. I will NEVER stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Room Tip: Make sure you PREVIEW the ACTUAL room in which you will be staying before you decide to stay here!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pamela163
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was not up to standards at check in. In response to your review, I am personally ensuring that myself and my AGM will personally inspect all rooms before a new guest checks in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jtb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The staff from head to toe is awesome. A very nice place to stay. The cleaning staff is very attentive to my needs. I am a long term guest and look forward to my weekly cleanings, they help refresh my work week. Thank you Sam, Joveete, Princess, Myschelle, and Tori for taking great care of me and my DJ company.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

For the price not the best, I prefer intown suites.
overall experience I wasn't really satisfied with the location or price.
However it does have great restraunts in the area and a great shopping centers the best in Jacksonville, Florida.

• Stayed June 2013
Boston
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My fiancée booked a room in this motel for a week for a her business trip and the nightmare started the moment she checked in. Room was extremely dirty, hairs on the bed sheet, hairs on restroom towel... disgusting room. She was troubled by flea and bugs and changed to different rooms three times but all rooms were infested. She had no choice at 11:30PM late night and stayed one night and next morning... she had Flea Bites / bugs bites all over her body, legs, back. What a nightmare. Avoid this place and pay few bucks extra and get a better clean, bug free motels nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank S R
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We checked in here to stay for three weeks while relocating to Jacksonville, and we didn't stay past three days. The room itself was very very small with almost no room to move around. It had a terrible musty smell that never went away even if we left the doors and windows open. The carpet was slightly damp in some places and never got dry. Everything in the kitchen (all surfaces, cabinets, fridge, etc) was sticky to the touch, even after I spent about an hour cleaning with Clorox wipes. The bathroom was also very dirty, with hairs on the counter. We moved to Candlewood suites on Belfort for only a little more and are much much happier.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Psribler
godrey
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We made our reservations in january for homestead-stayed march 8-11-we were not told a head of time that it was changed to an extended stay hotel. Luckily the street was only a block long, and we noticed the extended stay had the same address and was able to find it. We were unaware that all the rooms had pet rooms, and my husband is very allergic to pets. The polciy was no pets over 25 pounds and they must be registered ahead of time. Obviously they never walked around the hotel. Next door to us was not 1, but 2 MASTIFFS-way over the 25 pound limit. At times only one of the men was trying to handle 2 mastiffs at once. We saw many german shepherds, which are also over the limit and other larger dogs. It was very obvious, and no one appeared to need to hide the fact. I love dogs, but rules are rules, and how do we know if the owners are in control of their dogs or not. The room was clean and very well set up. Our refrigerator was broken, but they replaced it with a new one the next day.. The staff for the most part was friendly, except the day we checked in-she must have been having a bad day. We didn't know that ice was not provided and was told that we had to buy it. If the refrigerator had worked, we wouldn/t have needed ice, and obviously if it was not working, we couldn;t have bought ice and kept it in the freezer.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family