Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center
Ranked #107 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Overbooked, offered us a queen room instead of double beds for 3ppl. Sheets covered in blood, food, hair and footprints. Told to clean ourselves. Semen on tissues on wall. Offered only 50% refund. Never cleaned room. No phone. Roaches and bedbugs everywhere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chris G

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Room wasn't ready.
The room we got put in was not clean or nothing! Housekeepers were complaining. Odor from the room. Overall it sucked! I wasn't the only guest with complaints.
There was no pool as I was told. The online pictures looked nothing like the room. The beds were stiff and hard.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Unique30
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your room not being ready when you tried to check-in. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that this is something we are working to improve so that guests are not waiting moving forward. As well, we are working to enhance our level of cleanliness.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at jtb@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Good valve for the money. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean for the most part. Loved the area & would like to return with family again for trip. Some stains on cabinets but & cabinets worn & chipped but did not use kitchen just refrig.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Whozrg
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our location, the cleanliness of your room, and our friendly staff. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel was nasty. The floor had not been vacuumed. In the morning I happened to see something kinda under the bed and I looked and their were about 60 rose petals under there. The bathroom vanity was falling apart. I complained about the room and they said that they had quite a few complaints and that the girls were in a hurry.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gayle D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Gayle - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. I am going to ensure that I schedule extra housekeeping staff as needed to ensure that all rooms are cleaned properly and get checked by management so that this type of issue is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at jtb @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The room was small and cramped and had a slight musty smell. One morning I was without any running water for more than 12 hours because of an error on-site staff made. When the internet worked it was slow (despite paying extra for a high-speed connection), but mostly it just didn't work, requiring multiple calls to tech support. Then it went out completely and after 36 hours they still hadn't been able to fix it, so I cut my stay short and moved to a different location in Jacksonville so I could manage to get my work done.

Room Tip: Don't bother if you are looking for staff that will be responsive to a traveling businessperson...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Connor C
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We reserved a double non-smoking room, but it overwhelmingly smelled of smoke! The smell of smoke could not be eliminated even after spraying fabreeze on the furniture, carpet & drapes! There were even cigarette burns in the comforter on one of the the beds! The customer service staff was very professional & courteous and moved us to 2 separate rooms. However, the cabinets in the kitchenettes were worn & the calking around the tub in the bathrooms was black. The refrigerator & microwave in one unit were very old and neither unit had a full set of kitchen dishes & utensils! Also the phone in one unit did not work! Also there were ants in one unit so much that I was afraid to have open food on the counter & worried that ants may have gotten into luggage or pocketbooks!

Room Tip: When and if they renovate/improve the rooms, this will be an excellent economical place to stay, sho...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paulette P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Southside - St. Johns Towne Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that your non-smoking room had a smoke odor and the rooms we offered to move you to were unclean or did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have brought your comments to our entire team and they are working to enhance our offerings. As well, we are providing a deep clean to rooms as needed to ensure they are ready for guests to check-in to moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jtb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I recently spent 12 nights at the Extended Stay America Hotel in Jacksonville (near the St. John's Town Centre). We were visiting a friend at UNF and wanted to somewhere comfortable to stay over the Xmas break. The staff were extremely helpful and the accommodations were suitably comfortable given the price we paid. The accommodations were in safe grounds in walking distance to St. John's Town Centre. If you like shopping you'll love St. John's as there's simply nothing you can't buy there. There are ample restaurants which making eating out a breeze. The hotel is just off i202, with access to down-town Jacksonville and South Beach within a 10-minute drive. Definitely somewhere we would recommend for a short stay.

Room Tip: Select a room with separate sleeping facilities from where you plan to cook.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjlee09

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you and your Wife were pleased with our staff's great customer service, your comfortable room, and our hotel's location. We hope you enjoyed visiting your friend at UNF!