“Nice place pre cruise”

Ranked #65 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice place pre cruise”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 days pre cruise. Everyone was friendly and the shuttle service was perfect. We would definately stay here again. Dont be afraid to ask for anything. They will do what ever is needed to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
M_Cartin, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our shuttle service convenient. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed here for an overnight business trip and it was a welcome change for a hotel stay. The hotel is hip, fun, and trendy and would definitely appeal to fun people. It reminded me of being in a European apartment with the décor and design. The hotel is fairly new, features a bar that opens up at 5, a nice restaurant that sells sandwiches, salads, etc., and has a new and well equipped gym on the first floor. The room is fairly spacious and comfortable. You can tell care was taken to make everything in the room practical. It is almost like walking in to an Ikea designed hotel room, plenty of shelving space in the bathroom that separates the bathroom from the main part of the hotel room. There is also a nice study desk and the TV is hung against the wall for space saving.

Restaurant wise, there are plenty of great choices in the immediate area. In the parking lot is an Outback and Carrabba's, across the street is a Panda House Chinese and Chick Fil A. There is just about every kind of food you could want within a 1/2 mile radius of the hotel. It is about 3 miles from the airport with easy highway access. Downtown is 12 miles away or about 20 minutes in morning traffic. You are on the expressway in under two minutes.

Jacksonville is known as a rougher city but this area is fairly new and appeared pretty safe. I went to the Walmart across from this and felt safe. Most of this area is new construction. You really can't go wrong with this hotel. The staff is great, well maintained, clean, friendly, and even a nice big field if you bring your dog, right next door to let them out and stretch. Worth a try, I'll be back here for sure.

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor (top) which was nice. The only thing I suggest is not getting the inside c...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
M_Cartin, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear jmoonesq, thank you very much for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Aloft Jacksonville Airport hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback on the amenities we have to offer such as the gym, our spacious guest rooms, and pet friendly areas. We hope to see you again soon!
Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Recently stayed at the Aloft for a business trip. I thought this hotel was in excellent shape and had a very clean room. Plenty of restaurants to choice from in the area, and easy access to the airport. It would be my hotel choice when returning back to Jacksonville.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Since I had an early flight out and I am a SPG member I decided to try the aloft out. Brittany at the front desk was very welcoming. However the room was not in good shape at all. The bathroom door was broke and the wall was coming apart. The shower door also would not close and water would just go every where. The worse though was the air conditioner was extremely weak and the temperature in the room ended in the high 70s. The other positives was location to airport and I liked the grab and go sandwich. I could have tried to change rooms but at 1am I was ready for bed. I may try aloft elsewhere but this one I could not recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
M_Cartin, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked our hotel location and are very sorry for some of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We truly appreciate the feedback on the bathroom and the air conditioning and will be sharing with our hotel staff. Again, thanks for your review.
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was a great one night stop hotel.
Convenient to the airport and plenty of restaurants and shopping near by.
Room carpet could use replacing.
Air conditioning unit a bit noisy.
Good coffee and decent breakfast to go.
Outdoor cushions need cleaning/replacing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
M_Cartin, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you found the location of our hotel convenient. We appreciate your feedback on the carpet and the air conditioning unit. Again, thanks for your review.
Chihuahua, Mexico
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Aloft by the Airport, great rooms and excellent view, nice pool, I really enjoyed the service everybody was so nice and beside is noise free so I had a great rest, breakfast is also very good and I had a good time in the bar area i could smoke out side and had a great view of the outdoors.
your also have shopping center and some restaurant real close to the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Waycross
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Aloft by the airport. The rooms are super cute, the beds are comfy, and the staff was nice. The location of the hotel is close to shopping centers and restaurants. For the price and the location I was very pleased.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Anna L, we truly appreciate your review and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Aloft Jacksonville Airport. We hope to see you again soon!