Like many of the other reviews have stated - this is a "hip, trendy" type of hotel. This is not a traditional hotel and Starwood makes it clear what type of hotel this is.
If you like a traditional type of hotel, this may not be your type of accommodations.
This was my first stay at Aloft and it will not be my last. That being said:
What I liked:
1) It is a functional hotel, the rooms are not large but every square inch has a purpose. Storage up to the ceiling in places is quite useful. It's well laid out and the headboards do not lie against a common wall. The Bathroom area is also not large but it functional and the shower is good sized.
2) The platform bed does it's job quite well. I got two good nights of sleep.
3) The rooms are very quiet and the shades can make the room really dark. The Heater/Air Conditioner was a bit loud but for white noise, it does a good job.
4) Everything on the main floor (workout area, bar, food purchase area, front desk) is very close and easy to get to. The main floor area at night is a busy, happening area and that is by design. The only area of privacy is the workout area which is semi-isolated and quiet.
5) The Flat Screen TV is large and there is an "black box" that allows PC and other electronic devices to be connected to the TV. It also provides multiple power connections for recharging. There is no connectivity for Apple devices (e.g. AirPlay)
Areas for improvement (and these are very minor):
1) Coffee. There was only enough coffee in my room for one person (one cup). I know I could get more but this is something that the staff should be a step ahead on. Coffee in the lobby would also be nice.
2) Too economical at times. #1 is part of an area that while I understand I don't agree with. The number of towels/hand towels/washcloths is a bare minimum for 2 people - an extra set I think would be reasonable.
3) The front desk has some really good people and a couple that need a bit more training. Example - I asked at check-in to have my Starwood Preferred Guest Number added and I had to ask another clerk to add the points when I saw the first clerk didn't add my SPG Number to the folio.
This hotel has a large number of stores and eateries near-by and the access to I-95 is excellent. It does not have room service nor a free breakfast. Pets appear to be welcomed as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 10 minutes away from the airport, The Aloft Jacksonville Airport hotel offers free WiFi and high-tech entertainment centers as well as easy access to Anheuser Busch Brewery and Everbank Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aloft Jacksonville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Jacksonville Airport Hotel Jacksonville