“Conveniently Located”

Aloft Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #72 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Love the convenience of having a nice variety of restaurants close by, a shuttle and close to the airport. I was pleasantly surprised upon entering the room, cool set-up with modern furnishings... then I set my bag down on bench under the TV. There were odd stains that I can only imagine where they may have come from in several key places on the bench - GROSS!!!! I strongly suggest management take a good look at the benches in the rooms with a black light, rubber gloves and strong sanitation supplies.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Maureen1771

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after a late arriving flight from NYC. We have found it better value and more convenient to do this than drive to st Augustine at 1am. This is the third jax airport hotel we have stayed in. It was the most modern, best looking hotel. However I didn't like that when we arrived the doors were locked and no-one was on reception to let us in. I had to call the hotel number from our cell phone and luckily someone then came to open the door and check us in. The morning staff were much more friendly and helpful, even heating up our muffins for us. I would have rated higher had the welcome been as nice as departure! Rooms were fine.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was completely grossed out by the cleanliness of this hotel. I stayed in room 308 and there appeared to be seaman stains on the furniture under the tv. I travel a lot any there are certain hotels where you sleep with your socks on. This is one of those places. A shame for a Starwood property. The next time I see the CEO of Starwood on cnbc I will think of the stains and wonder if he really knows about this.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank John D
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your review. Your comments have been immediately reviewed by our team and the stains on the furniture under the television are paint stains. Cleanliness is extremely important to us and so we apologize for this confusion. We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Take care.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I like Aloft Hotels. This one is in an up an coming area. Lots of things to do and places to eat. Very close to the airport but little airport noise. The workout room was nice. The wxyz bar and staff were great. The meeting room was nice and the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the back parking lot. Quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear mo h,

Thank you for your review and feedback. It is great to hear that you had a relaxing stay. We will make sure to communicate your positive comments to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future! Take care.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at this property a number of times since it opened and within the last year or two it is really starting to show its age. First room I checked into this past week had the loudest AC unit I have ever heard. When I asked to move rooms front desk tried to explain to me that all the AC units in the rooms were loud and to use the provided ear plugs. I told her I have stayed at this property many times and I know the AC is noisy but not this bad. Upon moving rooms the new room had a quiet AC unit but had a horrible brown rust stain on wall of shower, peeling wallpaper and the light in the shower was out. Beyond that room was very clean and staff was friendly, As a SPG gold member that stays at many starwood properties this one is just barely average.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Aloft is not meant to be a full-service hotel. It's meant to be akin to a Hampton Inn, but with a W influence. This location it's it spot-on. There are some goofy things that could be fixed with the refresh they're planning - ie: lack of irons in rooms - but overall this is a solid choice, easily gotten to from the highway, with good parking and decent rooms. It was clean, albeit ready for a refresh. The staff was nice, and the common areas were well tended to. They happily accepted a package for me a few days before my arrival without charging me, which many hotels are either prickly about or charge for. Overall, when I'm back in JAX, this is where I'm highly likely to go.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us - we loved having you! We can't wait to see you again in the future. Take care.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This place is so tired and worn down; if it were my kid, I'd tell it to go to bed. Unfortunately, it was so loud (dogs barking, loud TVs, louder AC units) sleeping isn't much of a possibility.
This property needs a deep cleaning, badly. I think they need to, effectively immediately, STOP offering an incentive for skipping daily house keeping ($5 or 250 Starwood points) and start cleaning daily. If that isn't a possibility, send your housekeepers out to pick weeds in your landscaping with all their free time.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank regionalcoach
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear regionalcoach,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel and services, so these issues will be addressed immediately. We will also be undergoing a refresh later this year so that we can better improve future guest experiences. We hope that you will give us another try during your next trip to Jacksonville. Take care.