“cheap, you'll get for what you pay!”

Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 19 August 2011

One of the cheapest around... but you'll get for what you pay for: OLD and DIRTY!
Next time, i'll pay a bit more to have better for sure!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim611

Reviewed 8 August 2011

the hotel was ok. there were some annoying drunk teens but that has nothing to do with the hotel. the staff were all very friendly and helpful. the room wasnt big and it wasn't very nice looking but at least the bed was comfortable. the ac was really loud and the tv was small and ghetto. the fridge in my room didnt work but at least the microwave did. there's coffee 24/7 downstairs as well as yogurt. the morning breakfast was just bagels, muffins, and yogurts. wasnt bad. there's a gym on the 2nd floor. nothing special but it has the basic machines. there's also a laundry room that takes quarters in the gym. overall not bad...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Wilhelmina Y
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed here on July 23 2011. The hotel looks ok from the outside and lobby. Our room was dated. The bathroom was not very clean. The beds were comfortable, but I could not sleep because I kept feeling like something was crawling on me. Probably my imagination because it was not the cleanest. I finally went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night to find ants crawling on the table by the window. I was so ready to get out of this hotel. The breakfast was honey buns in a bag, so I grabbed a few out the door. Had it not been bagged and sealed I would have been afraid to eat it. This was a cheap room. Less than $60, but I wish we would have stayed somewhere else. The next night we stayed at the Hyatt next door, it was $25-$30 more, but so much worth it. It was SO clean. I felt comfortable taking my shoes off in the room. We had a double queen, it was very spacious with a seperate sitting area with a couch and desk and refrigerator. Wonderful breakfast. Great experience. I will definatly check out hyatt hotels first the next time I stay away from home.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank abeachbum76
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I can only say that in our stay everything was perfect. Check-inn no problems, room was clean and comfy and there was breakfast provided. What more can you want in a hotel only 5 minutes away from the airport. If we ever are back in Jacksonville we will defenitly come back to this place!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank roxydogTielt
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Only drawback was the small parking lot, but the very friendly clerk helped us find a spot. We wanted to sleep for a few hours at 2 AM, and this place was perfect. The bed was very comfortable, which was the most important thing for us. They even have a light continental breakfast. We have paid far more for far less.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank ataxiagallery
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We are traveling to Cocoa Beach and stopped here for 1 night. Had a coupon so the price was great.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank clw104
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We needed a hotel for one night while passing through the area and picking up a family member at the airport. This hotel was perfect. It is right on the 'hotel row' at the airport and the price was great compared to the others. It was mid-week, so we didn't worry about a reservation and just showed up. The desk clerk quoted us a $50 rate and when I asked if any discounts he offered $5 off for AAA or AARP. This was less than priceline or the other online 3rd party booking sites we saw (Love the smart phones!). The desk clerk was pleasant & helpful, room was clean - a little dated. I didn't feel the room was any smaller than those we have had at other Motel 6 type places or any of the rooms we had in Europe! Bathtub with shower, mini fridge , coffee maker and microwave, cable TV (yes it is a small TV mounted above the clothes storage unit), free WiFi, laundry ($1.50 ea wash & dry), exercise room with 3 treadmills, elliptical and recumbant bike. No pool but not a concern with us. Breakfast is the usual - coffee, milk, cereal, yogurt, fruit, muffins, bagels, toast. It is a small breakfast area but many people were bringing their ice bucket trays from the room and taking their food back with them. The food area is right in front of the lobby desk so when things ran out someone would tell the clerk and he would fill them right back up. I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area. There were way more cars in the lot than people staying in the hotel - this hotel also offers park, sleep & fly for those flying from Jacksonville.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family